Things that will come with S/C my 00 cav z24 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Things that will come with S/C my 00 cav z24
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 5:40 PM
so recently ive been thinking about buying a s/c .....so ive just got some questions for people that have done it before.

stock 2.4L with 132xxx KM, future plans is short ram intake, aftermarket muffler, and probably headers

will my stock 5 speed hold up with the extra hp?
if not how much money would i have to sink into the tranny/clutch?
what else is needed with the s/c (injectors ect)?
Cheaper to buy from Canada or US? i live in saskatchewan, canada
will my engine hold up with a s/c .... it has 132xxx km and the s/c probably wont happen for atleast a year

how much do you think it will cost in the end roughly for this s/c add on ?

thanks

Re: Things that will come with S/C my 00 cav z24
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 5:59 PM
will my stock 5 speed hold up with the extra hp? Yes
if not how much money would i have to sink into the tranny/clutch? $0 (assuming the clutch is not worn out due to several thousand km of use)
what else is needed with the s/c (injectors ect)? Nothing (If you buy a new complete kit)
Cheaper to buy from Canada or US? i live in saskatchewan, canada Shipping will be more expensive from the US, but sites like www.paceperformance.com will have them for much cheaper than the dealer.
will my engine hold up with a s/c .... it has 132xxx km and the s/c probably wont happen for at least a year Depends on how the engine has been maintained and treated over the course of those km
how much do you think it will cost in the end roughly for this s/c add on ? I'd imagine no more than $3,000.00 CN total shipped and installed at a dealer.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:19 PM
thanks ....really helps me out a lot
Friday, June 08, 2007 12:03 AM
gm performance parts has the kit for 1400 with 300 for shipping

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search