help boosting my 96 z - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help boosting my 96 z
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 1:09 PM
hey people, im looking to boost my car and i have a lot of questions ... i've purchase a fpr by boost .. will that do any good with my stock injectors, some people told me to purchase a fmu istead and i saw this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blox-12-1-FMU-Turbo-Drag-Red-92-01-Prelude-H22A-H23A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ018QQitemZ280121046279QQrdZ1
will that one work with my car and stock injectors ? or can i use this but with bigger injectors

now about the fuel pump .. i heard you guy talk about blazer's fuel pumps , is that for any blazer's model ? or an specific one

once a have all this, do i need a safc ???

thanks a lot

Re: help boosting my 96 z
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:52 AM
I can't answer all of your questions but I do know that the fuel pump is from a 4.3L V6 Blazer, I believe you can get it from an S10 with that same motor as well, don't quote me though.

It beats a Honda!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:04 AM
This one is 12:1 ratio and it's too much....

You should go with a adjustable ratio FMU like the BEGI 2025.

You will need bigger injectors to achieve a good AFR and to be safe.

I have 310cc injectors and they're too small even at 4 psi....

Good luck!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:38 AM
can i use smaller ratios ... bcause they are some with smaller ratios like 8:1 and 10:1

and which type of injectors shall i purchase some people have told me that ford brown head will work .. but im looking for different options. my car uses low impedance , do i need to use low impedance or can i use high impedance too ?

thanks
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:07 AM
use low impedance & low impedance only. I don't have much experience w/the 2.4L TC but I do own a 2.3L Q4 & an Ecotec & I know that you need to stick w/low impedance injectors on a Cavi

It beats a Honda!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 3:43 PM
could some one please help me getting bigger injectors for my car ?? can i use other gm's injectors that are bigger ?

thanks
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:59 PM
Would you like everyone to spoon feed you pablum, and wipe your ass after you take a dump too?

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:54 AM
get injectors form a Cobalt SS/SC if you wanna stick with GM/AC Delco stock type injectors. Make sure you get the injector clips as well. BTW BlownBlackZ is right part of building a car is doing the research & not having someone tell you what to do step by step. Try using the search botton it really will save you a lot of smartass post from coming your way because chances are the exact same thing you wanna do has been done 50,000 different ways.

It beats a Honda!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search