Eco reflash and tuning. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco reflash and tuning.
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:09 PM
I know those two words don't go together very well, but is there any way at all of changing the A/F ratio by possibly putting a very small resistor on one of the wires coming from the map sensor?I know nobody has probablt tried this, but there aren't many alternative other than HP tuners. and I don't want to have to get another ecu and pay $600.

I was going to install Water/meth injection. But then I researched it and found out the only reason for it is to cool the intake charge to ultimately reduce the possibility of detonation so you can advance the timing and gain power....So, no fun, for me, for now if I can't change the A/F or timing.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Re: Eco reflash and tuning.
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:14 PM
get an ecu at a junkyard. i paid $60 for mine.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:14 PM
If you run meth in the kit it will increase the octane of the fuel and give you much better air fuels with a properly sized injector. Not enough to jack up the boost but you can most likely get a pound or 2 out of it. Just watch the wideband!! Just running water has no affect on the air fuel ratio for obvious reasons but is a good safety net and is a good thing to have on any boosted car. I am also sure there are people on here that have return line setups and an safc or some other fuel computer to tune with. Some one else can chime in on that since I never went that far with my j and can't give you a whole bunch of information on that. It will probably end up costing around 500-600 though and you already stated you dont want to spend that much. If you want to make reliable power though it is unfortunatly gonna cost some money. Another option also might be to find another vehicle that uses a similar size or the same factory frp that will bolt up that runs a lower static pressure. You can then put in bigger injectors and the idle will still be finebut they will increase fuel when you hit boost. You can also look into the vortech fmu setups and some of the other things that are out there. hope this helps some.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:38 PM
Hahn Portfueler would be your best option if you wanted to keep the reflash, its more than you prolly wanna spend but welcome to the game called "BOOST". Water/Meth is MUCH more than just an agent to cool your IATs, Its a perfect counter to problems like yours where you wanna ride the edge and dont really wanna spend the big bucks to do it. It helps stabalize your combustion (massive octane increase) and ALSO richins your A/Fs (alternative fueling). It allows you a little more leeway with running dangerously close to bad news. Theres a lot of options its just a matter of Cabbage

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search