coolingmist - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
coolingmist
Friday, October 13, 2006 9:10 PM
I currently have a semi built 2200. and i wanted to get some opinions on this. i run around 15psi daily on a 42/48 turbo. and i think i could benefit from this kit. Does the kit help out alot in knock and iat's? With this kit, does it alow for someone to push more boost without the use of race gas? Thanx

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Re: coolingmist
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:20 PM
any 1?

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:53 PM
Somewhat, If that is the answer your looking for. It seems like to many people use injection kits like this to mask bad tuning.

But to answer your questions, yes you could benifit from it, but a good tune will but a much better solution to any problems you have related to knock. And yes it is somewhat of a substitute for higher octane fuel.

But as I said a good tune is going to do more for you that an injection kit, however; if you know you have a good tune already then you may have a great benifit from somthing like this.
Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:31 PM
Rollinredcavi wrote:Somewhat, If that is the answer your looking for. It seems like to many people use injection kits like this to mask bad tuning.

But to answer your questions, yes you could benifit from it, but a good tune will but a much better solution to any problems you have related to knock. And yes it is somewhat of a substitute for higher octane fuel.

But as I said a good tune is going to do more for you that an injection kit, however; if you know you have a good tune already then you may have a great benifit from somthing like this.

almost everyone that has it hear has the m45 gm s/c and thats the only way for us to intercool it so we can stop heatsoaking and lower iat's

Sunday, October 15, 2006 1:13 AM
Anytime you can lower the iats' your hp/tq will increase and to me it's cheap insurance against blowing an boosted engine from detonation. I have the snow performance stage 3 kit on my supercharged Monte Carlo SS, and I'm going to put one on my Z24 once the new turbo motor gets done.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search