gm eco charger guys... another question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gm eco charger guys... another question
Friday, October 13, 2006 7:38 PM
as some of you know i am finally installing the blower i got off a cobalt early summer of last year, i have a few questions for ya that is kinda hard to tell from the instructions you guys were nice enough to send me...

first, the vacum line that comes of the evap thing on the drivers side of the motor, where does that run to?

second, the charger has m8 sized holes in the manifold, but as we know the 2.2 head has m6 studs.. does the kit have anything special in this? the part numbers for the studs in the kit dont work. i have m6 studs that are the right length, i just worry about them actualy holding the manifold in place...

third.. the part number for the template to cut the gasket doesnt work either.. any of you guys willing to photocopy and send it to me?

and last, any one using the gm pump for the intercooler, are there special fittings that i just dont have? i am not seeing how i am going to attach coolant lines to this thing...

getting closer and closer everyday, hoping to order my 2.9 pully and hpt this week.. although i imagine it will be a while before hpt shows up, fortunaly a buddy of mine is freinds with the owner or GMR over here (f body shop) and he is willing to help me with the first tune..

i really hope to get this thing on the road at least once before the snow flys so any help or pointers you guys have is greatly appreciated

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Re: gm eco charger guys... another question
Friday, October 13, 2006 7:55 PM
EXESIVE FIRE (Andy Brooks) wrote:as some of you know i am finally installing the blower i got off a cobalt early summer of last year, i have a few questions for ya that is kinda hard to tell from the instructions you guys were nice enough to send me...

first, the vacum line that comes of the evap thing on the drivers side of the motor, where does that run to?

second, the charger has m8 sized holes in the manifold, but as we know the 2.2 head has m6 studs.. does the kit have anything special in this? the part numbers for the studs in the kit dont work. i have m6 studs that are the right length, i just worry about them actualy holding the manifold in place...

third.. the part number for the template to cut the gasket doesnt work either.. any of you guys willing to photocopy and send it to me?

and last, any one using the gm pump for the intercooler, are there special fittings that i just dont have? i am not seeing how i am going to attach coolant lines to this thing...

getting closer and closer everyday, hoping to order my 2.9 pully and hpt this week.. although i imagine it will be a while before hpt shows up, fortunaly a buddy of mine is freinds with the owner or GMR over here (f body shop) and he is willing to help me with the first tune..

i really hope to get this thing on the road at least once before the snow flys so any help or pointers you guys have is greatly appreciated

The vacuum line runs to the adapter plate that is used to mount the cable throttle body to the supercharger. since you don't have that you need to find a point that pulls vacuum to mount it to, or add a hole to show vacuum on your adapter plate.

The charge kit comes with a stud that is M6 on the inside and M8 on the outside. Don't know what to tell you on that one.

Template? Just cut the gasket so that the hole is visible, and wing it a little bit. I couldn't find my template and did this, a piece of masking tape and a ruler work wonders.

And the pump thing you are on your own, I used something else.

Good luck hope it works out well for you.

Friday, October 13, 2006 8:09 PM
yeah my adapter plate is pritty thin.. am i correct in thinking this shouldnt see boost?

Friday, October 13, 2006 9:48 PM
tb to s/c adaptor is over 1/2 thick , and has the fitting for the vap line , that area does not see boost

the 1's in the kit i did broke , so i drilled and taped the head for 8mm and used the 1's from the cobalt/redline

the gasket you cut a angled line to open the port in the head , you want it about 1/4" to 3/8" wide

the intercooler is all slip on hose , if your using a pump with screw type fittings , then you need to get hose ends

Friday, October 13, 2006 9:50 PM
any ideas on where to put that line then? my tb adaper i made is very thin...

Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:26 AM
come to PA ill hp tune you lol, actually i was thinking of making a road trip to summit sometime, do they have racing seats out in thier store that you can sit in?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:49 AM
Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:52 PM
am i correct in thinking the wastegate is not used on j-body applications?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search