Replacement Part? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacement Part?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:29 PM
Well I purchased a 2001 Sunfire a couple weeks back, and it already had the GM Supercharger on it. Once I picked up the car and got to looking at everything I realized that the core support had been pushed back into the supercharger. It broke a few of the sensors off of the throttle body which isn't a big deal. But I noticed that the piece circled in white below had totally been broken and was just hanging on the bottom of the supercharger. I looked over the part# sheet that comes with the kit but didn't see anything about this piece. I was just wondering if anyone could please tell me exactly what to ask the dealership for, or if anyone has the part# for this?

Re: Replacement Part?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:30 PM
Its the boost bypass valve.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:36 PM
Thanks! I figured it was something with the boost, I reached down and felt that it was spring loaded. So I shouldn't have any problem going to a local gm dealer and asking them for this?

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:38 PM
I'm not sure how universal that part is, but it should be orderable. I'm sure somebody can find a part number for ya.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:40 PM
Well if anyone knows it off hand go ahead and post it If not then I will be heading down to the dealership on Monday to try and find it.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:51 PM
88960487 - Actuator, Supercharger By-pass.

Price? I dunno, but probably not cheap! Keep in mind there's also the sticker saying it's calibrated from the factory, and not to adjust it. I'm gonna assume (and hope) the new one would come already calibrated.

Happy hunting!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:00 PM
Try gmpartsdirect.com. It will be cheaper then getting it from the dealership even after they rape you on shipping. It will prolly take about 2 weeks to get it. Your local dealer wont be able to get it any sooner. The good news is gmpartsdirect packages stuff really well so it should not be dead upon arrival.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search