Replicating the HRC fuel system - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replicating the HRC fuel system
Friday, September 22, 2006 11:28 PM
Hey all, I'm piecing togther a turbo setup for my 05 Sunflower, and have ready access to everything, but a few questions. I know that Hahn Racecraft uses an FMU, inline fuel pump, and new injectors for their fuel system. My question is, where can I purchase these parts seperately from the Hahn kit???

What fuel injectors would everyone recommend using??? What GPH/LPH inline fuel pump??? And what ratio FMU???

I will be running the same turbo as the HRC stage 2 (Super 16G) with anywhere from 8-10 PSI boost.

Thanks for any and all help.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: Replicating the HRC fuel system
Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:22 AM
Make sure you also get HP tuners.
Get bigger injectors and Walbro 255 fuel pump..
Then tune it!
Spend the +150 bucks at a dyno for a afternoon with someone that knows hp tuners well!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:32 AM
Would an in-tank 255 be sufficient for the fueling??? I don't see an auxillary fuel pump necessary if an in-tank would work well. Also, what size/brand fuel injectors does everyone recommend???

Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:48 AM
Go to sleep... someone will help you in the moring

Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:25 PM
why would you want to do a silly thing like that? That fuel system is in the stone age.

Go on summit racing and get yourself some accel 42lb injectors for around 200 bucks shipped and Hp tuners $650 and the PLX or AEM wideband with the pod guage for $270

You dont need an FMU, FPR, Fuel Pump, inline fuel pump,no 80lbs of fuel pressure you can run stock fuel pressure and no hacking fuel lines, you wont even need to touch under the hood except for changing injects and the wideband install.

You ppl can start a flame war on me for this I dont care but I will say this no matter who you are you can never get a FMU-FPR-Huge Injector setup to run perfect on a stock PCM, sure you can adjust it till the end of time, take it to shops and have them charge you out the anus and read books and all that other @!#$ but the bottom line is it will never be as exact as you can make it with HP tuners, running boost on stock Volumetric Efficiency tables is just silly and it wastes gas, but if your like the other 90% of ppl on this website your concerned about spending the least amount of money possible instead of doing things the right way. I hope your part of the 10%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:26 PM

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 23, 2006 1:40 PM
LOL.@ your rant, much ado about nothing eh??? Anyways, If I were to go with the HPTuners and fuel injectors, what size injectors would I need???? More specifically, what is the Accel part numbers you recommend, and what is the numbers used in the HRC kit??? I don't mean to sound like a dick or say what you suggest is wrong, I'm just exploring every option right now.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 2:34 PM
he said 42lb injectors....

440cc I believe which will handle 10 psi very nicely...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:34 PM
150132 accel is the part # for the injector hahn uses , its a 32lb injector high impedance

Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:29 PM
they use 32# injectors because they run an insane amount of fuel pressure, you can run a bigger injector at lower pressure

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:40 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:they use 32# injectors because they run an insane amount of fuel pressure, you can run a bigger injector at lower pressure

yeah it pegs 100 psi fuel gauges. I am sorry but I dont feel safe running 100+ psi through some fuel lines. I'd rather spend the money on some nice size injectors and tune it with hp...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search