Quick question with clearence.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick question with clearence....
Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:56 PM
Yea so im here putting together my set up by myself, and I go to put on the turbo thats been sitting in my house for over a year. First problem I couldnt get it in through the bottom or top of the car so I had to take off the compressor housing. 2ND I am using an exploited manifold(2.4) an im usinf a t3/4 turbo. There are two lines blocking the damn compressor to get back on the turbo. I have searched for pics of pretty much everyones setup but people mostly runnen custom manifolds or they removed there a/c (which I dont want to do cuz i live in miami). Can someone show me a pic of what you did to avoid the problem or give me any suggestions please? Once this b/s is solved my car will be done and ill have pics for you guys

Re: Quick question with clearence....
Friday, September 15, 2006 11:15 AM
First off, how big is that compressor? I'm running a .70 a/r compressor and it fit without removing it from the turbo so you're doin something wrong unless for some retarded reason you've got a bigger compressor than even that.

If you're talking about the driver's side the 2 lines you speak of are the heatercore lines.

If you're talking about the passenger side those are A/C lines.

I made a VERY large (for a 4 cyl) turbo fit behind my LD9, leaving all the stock equipment in place. Heater core lines, AC lines, power steering lines, shift cables, etc... everything is in place. It WILL fit, you just need to get creative and excercise some serious patience.

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, September 15, 2006 1:10 PM
THE HEATER CORE LINES ARE IN MY WAY I GUESS.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:27 AM
have you ever heard of strategic denting??? take a hammer and wack the firewall to make more room..

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:11 PM
my compressor housing touches the lines but i just wrapped them in that heat resistant tape that blocks up to 1000 degrees .
Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:10 PM
Jose does Dj have pics of his old setup. I am sure that he can help you out.
I can never get ahold of him. By the way Are you keeping the car after this is done.
Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:42 PM
I ended up rerouting them with new lines around behind brake booster. It workd well. I don't have any picures on this computer though. I just cut them off and spliced in some new line and ran them around. But I also had to pull the AC unit out and dent the firewall a tad.
Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:52 PM
everytime i think about this... makes me wish gm would of swap the head around so the exhaust was in the front

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:18 AM
its not the location of the header but the exploited manifold flange should have been moved to the left a lil bit. Thanx for the resonses but I would like a pic if someone has one

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:30 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:everytime i think about this... makes me wish gm would of swap the head around so the exhaust was in the front
lol, you wish you had an LN2

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:50 AM
OHV notec wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:everytime i think about this... makes me wish gm would of swap the head around so the exhaust was in the front

not really........ I dont think i could handle that ground ripping 90 hp and 110tq

Sunday, September 17, 2006 7:56 PM
my setup has the exploited manifold with external wastegate flange and i dont have any problems
Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:42 AM
I found some of his old pics

CaviFL45

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:54 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:
OHV notec wrote:

not really........ I dont think i could handle that ground ripping 90 hp and 110tq

90hp?? More like 120hp, baby. John Force aint got ish on the LN2... Feel the wrath of the drunken guinnea pig!

Ok, that was pathetic.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:32 PM
Hey dont mean to jack but some of you guys are in pembroke pines, any of you know eric duran rahmings? If so PM me, the little bitch owes me 350$! I have the Cops working a case but no luck as of now.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:56 PM
I live over in Coral Springs not to far from the pines area. Never heard of him? What does he drive?
Friday, September 22, 2006 6:46 AM
well i found out my issue was a piece of the header downpipe i forgot to move, soooo yea i get a dee dee dee dee. Thanks for the pics of dj set up

Monday, September 25, 2006 2:14 PM
Good to see that you found out your problem. Once things are set up how
about a ride in the car and possible we can start another SFLA meet.

Got any pics yet on that turbo setup??
Monday, September 25, 2006 7:09 PM
yea im down for a meet and ride, im probably selling the car next year, but before i want it to run 12's. So yea im down

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:59 PM
Cool beans on the ride and meet I will start a thread in the regional forum.
I too have got my car back on the road after blowing the motor and losing my driver licence
What a long year..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search