Pulley Boys Pulleys - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pulley Boys Pulleys
Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:39 PM
Does anyone know what all i would have to buy from pulley boys in order to buy a pulley from them and switch the stock one with a smaller one? Tell me if this sounds alright......this is my plans, since everyone sells the overdrive crank pulley for WAY too much for the 2.4l, i was thinking about just buying the 2.5" pulley from pulleyboys.com that way it'll be like buying a 2.6" pulley on a stock sized crank pulley....right? The reason i'm asking is because i want to run around 8lbs of boost on my charger setup and i can't find anyone that sells a descent priced 'stock sized' or 'overdrive' crank pulley, i have an underdrive pulley on the car now, could i just buy a smaller pulley and achive this goal? If not how much boost do you think i would see with an underdrive and a 2.5" pulley?

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: Pulley Boys Pulleys
Friday, September 15, 2006 4:51 PM
Come on , i know someone knows......

Friday, September 15, 2006 5:06 PM
You will need to buy the hub kit from pulley boys.....YOu will have to remove your old pulley.....press on the hub.....and then u will be able to use any of their pullies.......As far as running the 2.5.........I know I wouldn't.....too much spinnage and heat on the little charger. Just use the 2.6 and see what kind of psi you are seeing first before you go buying the 2.5.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Friday, September 15, 2006 5:17 PM
okay, thank you very much for your help!

Friday, September 15, 2006 5:26 PM
Okay, so i will need the Pulley Boys Qwikchange Set right? I don't need anything else to install it? Also, how many lbs of boost are you running with the 2.6" pulley?

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:05 PM
i have heard 8-10 pounds of boost with 2.6, and yes thats what you need, and if you want to you can buy the puller, or you can buy a three jaw puller from any auto part store

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:19 PM
Yeah, you'll need some sort of puller to install it.

MD-LD9 made a whole batch of stock sized lightened crank pulleys for our cars. I've got one sitting here in front of me. Get in touch with him to see if he'll be doing a second run and get in on it. Last time they sold like hotcakes.

If you stick with the underdrive pulley then yes, you'll need a smaller blower pulley to achieve the same level of boost. The downfall to this is that with the smaller pulley you've got less contact with the belt so you increase your chance of slippage.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:25 AM
just to make sure you know this you would wanyt a larger crank pully or a smaller supercharger pully...
simple belt drive ratio's.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:36 AM
why no just go to the boneyard and pick up a stock pully if you no longer have your factory crank pully?

any gains from the lighter crank pully will probably be lost in the added heat and belt slippage you are going to see

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:09 PM
Alright fellaz, I ordered the Pulley Boys Quickchange Kit the 2.6" pulley, I'm not able to go to the junk yard because i'm in Iraq and i plan on doing that once i get back. So, in order to take off the stock S/C pulley, i'd have to buy the puller also? Damn, thats alot of money! I'd like to also get a Water/Methanol injection kit, does anyone know of a good place with descent prices? Thanks for the help guys!

Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:05 PM
use a power steering pulley puller to get the stocker off and the hub on....

www.coolingmist.com
www.snowperformance.net

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:05 PM
devilsown, great company, great service

Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:04 PM
its probably been said but i ran the 2.6" with alcohol and got about 9psi constantly with a spike up to 10psi around 5200rpm...

i would not suggest running the 2.5" pulley as even the 2.6" is spining it way beyond what is recomended and with a roots blower like these are they becaome unstable when spun to fast... as well as you will wear parts out much faster... and not sure why you would want to go to an underdriver pulley really...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Monday, September 18, 2006 2:05 PM
Well, I got the 2.6" and i'm just saying the hell with it on the underdrive pulley, so i'm now looking to get a stock sized or even stock LD9 crank pulley. I'm going to have to wait on getting the water/methanol injection. I need to buy a wideband, so i'm going to go with the AEM UEGO wideband for HPTuners. Also, someone answer me this. I know when you tune with HPTuners you enter the injector constant, but this is basically tuning the car on a guestimate on the size injectors you have right? So, what i'd have to do is enter the injector constant for the 330cc injectors and then tune it to the boost, can someone help me out on this?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search