hyps1 jcavi 0 .....a possible 04 death - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hyps1 jcavi 0 .....a possible 04 death
Monday, September 11, 2006 9:57 AM
well iy might of happend. and its a depressing story....for me.

I went to phils (qbe) house last night to get some work done on the car. I arrived at about 2 let the car cool down and we got started at around 3. we worked our asses off. I have a k26 turbo with a long as turbine snout. so the turbo is hard to get at. because its really stuffed in. our goal was to rotate the compressor run the new pipes clean up my coolant sensor and fix my oil leak. \

well we got the compressor and the pipes done. the sensor decied to work out of no ware so we left it alone. etier way I have one coming today. anywho by about 10 pm we wree done and ready to get some tuning done. we took the car all over amsih country dogging buggys and bikes. and finnaly. got a decent tune down. the car was at 8 pounds and pulled like in my dreams. for a few hours I was in heaven, my year of hard work had payed off. the car ran like a dream. I got phil back to his house and i went on home. the car was like sex on wheels all the way home boost was crisp afrs were perfect everything was just....great. untill about 10 miles from my house. I was crusieing along when all of the sudden I smelled burnt oil. I pulled the car over and smoke went every where. I turned off the car and called phil. being the amazing man that he is didnt even question me. he just told me to relax and hed be on his way. phil arrived and we filled the car with oil, and I cranked it. after about 10 min of tuning I finnaly got it to turn over. I had my fuel tables set to nothing and I was still rich. plus I was missfining, but I was running. the car didnt smell like burning oil any more just rich gas.

(this is the only hope Im griping on to. the cel light was blinking and i was misfiring. Im hoping to god I fouled a plug.) we finnaly made it home I stoped at a light, and the car wouldnt start again. we pushed it to a best western and called it a night.

I just want to say thanks to phil. man you saved my ass, and I have said it a million times but Im going to save it again. no matter where I am, if you are EVER in trouble I got your back. not to mention I am going to pay you back double for the oil you let me have. I owe you dood

as for the opoins about my car. well yeah I screwed up. I made a few mistakes that I thought I could fix. Ive sacrifced my life to reading an learing about cars. I learend so much so fast that I felt invincable. I thought that my knowldge of cars, turbos, tuning, would get me out of any situation. and for a while it did. I was able to use my megasquirt to get me out of the thickiest jams. but last night my luck ran out.....all over the highway.

so in closing I want to say wish me luck and hope that the compression turns up good. and I want to say sorry for arguing with hypsy. I knew from the start that I was being dangerou, I just figured I could fix it before it was to late.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: hyps1 jcavi 0 .....a possible 04 death
Monday, September 11, 2006 11:01 AM
Not a problem man but you forgot to tell them it was a 45 minute drive to get to you, and then it was about 1:30, around 2 we finally got it started and went 40 mph for 15 more miles and then limped it down some main roads and a stop light killed us. I got home at 4:45 am and the woman and I crashed on the bed, we barely got our clothes of and pj's on before we were out.

Thanks dude I know you got my back and I got yours too.... Just fix those things we discussed and hopefully its nothing major. I just think it's just the plugs that are shot from running so @!#$ty.

good luck and keep me updated bro

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:13 AM
damn, sounds like one hell of a long night........ hopefully you get it all worked out.......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:14 AM
Yeah I woke up feeling drugged and dazed from inhilating massive amoutns of raw fuel and exhaust gasses... and the 5 am bed time.. lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:40 AM
Yeah Im going back and snipping the wires to that light.

I bignging to think that mabye the plug is just screwed from running so rich.

lets hope.

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:42 PM
what type of injectors are you running with megasquirt? High or low impedence? do you have the flyback board if your using the low impedence? which board are you using?
if everything checks out on the engine itself, check your megasquirt board for damage. around the injector drivers

this sounds like what happened to me last year before i was boosted but running megasquirt. The injector drivers can't run low impedence injectors with out some sort of resistance in line (like the fly back board) and this actaully over heats the injector drivers causing them to keep the injectors wide open. then just failing miserably. happened to me cruising to work, car started mis firing, blowing smoke running like crap.. shut it off, turn it back on and its still doing it, so pull over again and tried again, and nothing at all.. i knew it was megasquirt because it actaully started smoking

i got a new board and tried again and it ran great, switched to high impedence injectors and never had a problem since..

so i hope that its something other than a blown engine.

Monday, September 11, 2006 3:08 PM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:what type of injectors are you running with megasquirt? High or low impedence? do you have the flyback board if your using the low impedence? which board are you using?
if everything checks out on the engine itself, check your megasquirt board for damage. around the injector drivers

this sounds like what happened to me last year before i was boosted but running megasquirt. The injector drivers can't run low impedence injectors with out some sort of resistance in line (like the fly back board) and this actaully over heats the injector drivers causing them to keep the injectors wide open. then just failing miserably. happened to me cruising to work, car started mis firing, blowing smoke running like crap.. shut it off, turn it back on and its still doing it, so pull over again and tried again, and nothing at all.. i knew it was megasquirt because it actaully started smoking

i got a new board and tried again and it ran great, switched to high impedence injectors and never had a problem since..

so i hope that its something other than a blown engine.

No thats not the problem he has high impedance. His MS is working well it's just something with the engine

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 6:26 PM
alright, it just sounded exactly like what happened to me last year. so i was just putting it in the air.

Monday, September 11, 2006 6:29 PM
well I have some bad news

it looks like the engine went. I think compression tester is screwy because its not reading right, but one of the plugs has oil all over it.

so back to the shop it goes.

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:03 PM
You said something about a coolant sensor problem, which if it malfunctions could cause your car to run rich. I've seen them short out and read a constant -45 degrees signal to the computer on more than one occasion. Lso, oil on your plugs could be the result of a leaky turbo also, not just a blown engine.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:01 PM
It's ok man. We're cool.

Just gimme a shot at those parts you need

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:21 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:It's ok man. We're cool.

Just gimme a shot at those parts you need

yeah dude I want amends I respect what you did with your car and look up to your progress

as for my situation, now Im not so sure that the motor is blow. but its barely cranking.

heres the sympotoms I really need your help guys

at first it smoked out and had abosolutly no power and smelled like burnt oil.
we checked and the car had very little oil we filled it and the burnt oil smell went away.
we limped it home and was able to get it up to 50 very slowly.
it sounded like it was mising and I had a blinking cel
then it stoped blinking, but hadnt sounded different. when I removed the plugs they were black but looked to not have visable damage.
after cranking the car with the compression tester in, the car read 30 psi on all cyls and 120 on one.
when the car cranks it sounds so slow like the starter is just beat.

thats about it

I really need help guys please.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:28 PM
Sounds like something might be jammed in there if it's cranking slow.
The low comp might be from bent valves.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:29 PM
Drain the oil and check for metal shavings. Drop the pan if you have to.

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:17 PM
compression tests are useless, find somoene with a cylinder leak down tester and give that a shot.

compression test will let you know if there is a problem, cylinder leak down test will tell you where the problem is.

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:34 PM
Borescope, it'll tell you if you broke a piston...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:45 PM
oil on the plugs can be from really bad valve seals also.. if you had any vaccuum lines hooked up wrong, where you pressurized the crank case, or put a big vaccuum source where the crankcase vent is then you can damage vavle seals very easily.

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:55 PM
Shifted wrote:Borescope, it'll tell you if you broke a piston...

X2

but also an extremely expensive tool

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:45 AM
well its a mute point as of now. I just called a shop and am having to get a motor rebuild. all new parts with weico egal combo.

see you guys in two weeks

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:48 AM
nice

now you are liek qbe's twin... you should get jasmin to do it

Jazz FTW!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:54 AM
Jcavi wrote:well its a mute point as of now. I just called a shop and am having to get a motor rebuild. all new parts with weico egal combo.

see you guys in two weeks

What did the shop decide the problem was? Any ideas?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:55 AM
I would if I had the money. but as is Im borrowing money. plus there going to fix all my mistakes. which are plentiful.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:57 AM
oh while youre at it Jason.. get a downpipe made

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:02 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:nice

now you are liek qbe's twin... you should get jasmin to do it

Jazz FTW!

What, and I cant build motors?

Good luck JCavi

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:44 PM
thanks guys.

rusty. they haven even got the car yet. I wont know until they get it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search