Is this right? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this right?
Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:48 PM
Here is a pic of where my oil feed line comes from. Is this right. The reason I ask is because when I first start the car there is a clattering noise from the head. It does it for 2-5 seconds and then stops. Sounds to me like all the oil has drained out of the head and it is running with no oil until the pump pushes some up there.
Any thoughts guys?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: Is this right?
Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:20 PM
you need more pics bud, cant even see what the heck is going on there....
Monday, September 11, 2006 4:48 AM
The shiny blue elbow is where the oil feed line for the turbo comes from. It is almost right between the head and the oil pan. It is about 2 inches from the tube that comes out of the water pump. If I had a pic of the rear of a 2.4 moter that was out of the car I could draw an arrow to better show it.

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:00 AM
Thats where I was thinking of putting mine, its right off the oil line pressure feed off of the pump that is running down the side of the block.
Monday, September 11, 2006 10:43 AM
I do not think it is anywhere near the oil pressure feed off the pump. It appears that the plug in the block was removed and they used that as the oil feed source. I am pretty sure this is what is causing the above mentioned problem. I think that the oil feed should be run from the oil pressure sending unit.

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:37 PM
Wade, I thought you were running a supercharger? You switching to turbo now?

Anyway, if you want a hand figuring this out, let me know. You still got my cell number? You can call me any time, I'd be happy to help.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search