Fuel Question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Question
Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:47 AM
Hi, I have my complete turbo setup, EXCEPT the fuel upgrade

I want to know what is the cheaper way to run 8 psi?

SDS EIC + 2 injectors ?

FMU + FPR + fuel pump + 4 injectors?

I heard about MegaSquirt, Emanage, Apexi s-afc2...

can the s-afc2 do the job with bigger injectors? what do I need to run that?

I'm confused...

Thanks

Re: Fuel Question
Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:08 AM
The way I understand is the SAFC, etc. are only for fine tuning and not for the actual control of the fuel curve and some love it, some hate it. FMUs are testy, you need to be careful which one you get , know the ratio you need, etc, and get it dialed in right or it'll do more harm than good. I've wondered myself about the EIC setups, and most seem to agree that they're a good option - especially for me since I have an LN2 and fuel upgrade options are, well, scarce. Personally, if I had an Ecotec, I'd get the HP software and replace the injectors - since the software can control them - or I'd do the Hahn Port Fueler setup. It's basically a well-planned and developed EIC system that puts the injectors in the intaqke path where they need to be. It's like a spacer between the manifold and the head, sort of a bolt-on direct port kind of thing. Comes with all you need to install it, too.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:31 AM
true but...
Quote:

I want to know what is the cheaper way to run 8 psi?

the Hahn Port Fueler is very expensive :S

http://aemecotec.monchar.com/
Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:18 PM
Well, the 034efi unit from 034Motorsports.com is probably the cheapest, I had never heard of it until the other day as I'm in the same boat, looking for an inexpensive way to get the fuel I need. The unit runs about $275, can control 1-10 injectors, and is tuned with including software on a laptop. Not sure if it comes with injectors, though, but I think they sell them on the website. Look in my thread about halfway down on the front page of this forum and one of the guys that's helping me posted a link.

Megasquirt is a good one, too but it's not for everyone. Again, just a couple hundred bucks, but it's a total DIY and I've never tried to use one so I really can't say anything other than look into it. There's a guy here in Des Moines I talk to from time to time (I work with his wife) and he's running Megasquirt on his Probe GT to supplement both the turbo and nitrous. Seems to work pretty well so I'd say it's worth a look. THere's quite a few around here running it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search