New Dyno numbers - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Dyno numbers
Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:19 PM
My last trip to the dyno and having a full dyno tune resulted in 223 HP and 252 Tq. Since then I have upgraded the turbo from a .42 A/R 50 trim compressor housing and wheel to a .60 A/R 50 trim. I also installed my secret cams and a high flow cat. My first run produced 236 HP and 244 Tq. After about 7 runs and some tuning to the spark and ve tables the final numbers are 242 HP and 254 TQ with an AFR of 12.1. This is all at 12 psi on a stock motor that I drive daily. And those of you who say that daily driving doesnt mean anything , it does. I still get on the car everyday and boost the full 12 psi whenever I get a chance. There is a right way to drive a car like this and a wrong way. Pulling holeshots from a dead stop is what kills your car. Not the power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:34 PM

Re: New Dyno numbers
Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:49 PM
Nice! 240/250 is pretty damn solid!!!

Get some track times with that bad boy! I agree, daily driven is essential. I wrench all day at work and love wrenching on my cavy..but it cant be down for more then an evening or weekend. However " Pulling holeshots from a dead stop is what kills your car" Thats were all the fun is! and how i drive when i get the chance or track time! lol.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:30 PM
Very nice numbers. That HPTuners software and tuning is really working out well for your car. Any interest in helping me achieve some better numbers this winter?? I know it can wake up a ton...

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:41 PM
nice numbers!!!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:40 PM
nice

Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:44 PM
awesome #'s any way you would be able to share your new file?

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:39 PM
could you also post before and after dyno sheets of the final runs?

I would like to see how the 42 ar to the 60 ar housing switches the power band...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, September 08, 2006 2:47 AM
C24s/c wrote:Nice! 240/250 is pretty damn solid!!!

Get some track times with that bad boy! I agree, daily driven is essential. I wrench all day at work and love wrenching on my cavy..but it cant be down for more then an evening or weekend. However " Pulling holeshots from a dead stop is what kills your car" Thats were all the fun is! and how i drive when i get the chance or track time! lol.

Nate

I might be going to the track in the next couple weeks

Quote:

Very nice numbers. That HPTuners software and tuning is really working out well for your car. Any interest in helping me achieve some better numbers this winter?? I know it can wake up a ton...

I dont know how much I will be able to do with your car because it doesnt have a 2 bar map.

Quote:

awesome #'s any way you would be able to share your new file?

I will be putting my new file up on the HPTuners repository later today and I will post a link.

Quote:

could you also post before and after dyno sheets of the final runs?

I would like to see how the 42 ar to the 60 ar housing switches the power band...

I will def put up some screenshots of the charts up later today. Remember I also added Secret cams.

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:36 AM
Awesome #'s! Can't wait to see the dyno graphs to see what you gained other than peak #'s, I'd assume there are some decent gains elsewhere in the powerband.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, September 08, 2006 7:49 AM
Great numbers!!! As far as daily driven not meaning anything. Well it does and does not. It does because it is putting miles on your car and tear (even if out of boost). My main point is you see all the time on here people saying more than 300whp is too much for a daily driven car, too hard to handle, well you can drive a car and not hit that 300hp mark. It is great that you drive the car daily and you hit full boost, but you are not from every stop light and every corner. Again great numbers!!!! You have really showed what HP can do.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:30 AM
Very nice! Interested to see the rest of the stuff.
Good job.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:21 PM
Did you ever dyno your car when you had the SC on it?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:27 AM
DCStang67 wrote:
Quote:

I dont know how much I will be able to do with your car because it doesnt have a 2 bar map.

I actually do have a 2 bar map / IAT sensor - the one that the cobalt SS's use- just waiting for this chance to tune.

This is the sensor -

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:05 PM
I noticed he only changed the rod bearings....i bet that helped tremendiously without having to build the internals just to make 240hp on a smooth stock motor. Congrats.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:36 PM
Andy, We will have to get together sometime to see what we can do with your car. I suggest putting it on the dyno at New England Dyno. He gets $100 an hour for open test and tune. He has HPTuners and he has a guy that comes in and tunes it. When I originally did mine it cost me about $650, but it was on the dyno for like 6 hours because we were trying to figure out what the reflash did with the injector constant because I had just upgraded to 48# injectors from 30#. the reflash makes all kind of tables that he was not used to tuning.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:56 AM
very nice numbers and i absolutly LOVE your car ahah so nice and clean

i do have one thing to say though (not directed at you though) but for all thoughs people critisising my TC set up .. it took 12psi and cams and such to make 242whp on his 2.4L and i only needed 7psi to make 230whp with no cams or any thing with 9-10psi inching close to 300....

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Monday, September 11, 2006 8:49 AM
DCStang67 wrote:Andy, We will have to get together sometime to see what we can do with your car. I suggest putting it on the dyno at New England Dyno. He gets $100 an hour for open test and tune. He has HPTuners and he has a guy that comes in and tunes it. When I originally did mine it cost me about $650, but it was on the dyno for like 6 hours because we were trying to figure out what the reflash did with the injector constant because I had just upgraded to 48# injectors from 30#. the reflash makes all kind of tables that he was not used to tuning.

Thanks, David - good to know that NE Dyno is the local place to go. They have a base run that I did many years ago before the turbo was installed, so it would be fun to look at the improvment once its tuned with HPT. Once I get all my exhaust leaks tightned up I will have to give him a call.

One question - will tuning with HPT negativly affect my chance at geting an inspection sticker?

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:27 AM
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:
DCStang67 wrote:Andy, We will have to get together sometime to see what we can do with your car. I suggest putting it on the dyno at New England Dyno. He gets $100 an hour for open test and tune. He has HPTuners and he has a guy that comes in and tunes it. When I originally did mine it cost me about $650, but it was on the dyno for like 6 hours because we were trying to figure out what the reflash did with the injector constant because I had just upgraded to 48# injectors from 30#. the reflash makes all kind of tables that he was not used to tuning.

Thanks, David - good to know that NE Dyno is the local place to go. They have a base run that I did many years ago before the turbo was installed, so it would be fun to look at the improvment once its tuned with HPT. Once I get all my exhaust leaks tightned up I will have to give him a call.

One question - will tuning with HPT negativly affect my chance at geting an inspection sticker?

No it will make it better, with a better tune you have less chance of throwing codes and in some cases can completely turn off some codes from ever coming on.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:07 AM
good job....... get on the track

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:25 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:

No it will make it better, with a better tune you have less chance of throwing codes and in some cases can completely turn off some codes from ever coming on.

Word. Thanks Phil. Now I really want to get tuning this beast. I hate check engine lights!! @&$#^$T

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:37 AM
Nice numbers!! I'd be interested to see how it does at the track now!

Feels good I bet!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:30 PM
Very nice numbers. Love the car. I'm interested in some track times, if you get a chance.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:01 PM
nice numbers

question for ya: what sort of advance are you seeing at full boost/peak RPM?

very interested in knowing.

I'm certain theres way more out of 12psi, however.

sweet car

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:11 PM
Its getting about 17 degrees of total advance under full boost

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:14 PM
I missed the part about running a stock motor.

very impressive none the less

I just wanted to compare your advance to mine (even though they're different engines) I too am running 17 degrees at full boost.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search