Honestly..... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Honestly.....
Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:46 AM
Ok, this is another question for people who have or know alot about the hahn stage 2 kit. Do you guys have any ideas what a 2.2 ecotec with hahn stage 2 would run at the 1/4 mile? without any other modifications? cause im just curious to know. also, a guy at work with a recaro SS supercharged cobalt wants to race me.

Re: Honestly.....
Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:15 AM
a turbo eco should be good for mid to high 14's, with a good driver.
Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:15 AM
sorry, but that also depends on what psi you are running as well.
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:17 AM
hahn stage 2 should put a 5 spd eco in the 13s at 8-9 psi I believe

14.425 @ 97.833 mph stock + GMPP s/c on drag radials.
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:38 AM
anyone else with either proof or support to Dante's theory?
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:51 AM
If you read in hahns site. its says in there that a no options cavalier should be into the 12's on the stander boost level of 9psi. I dont think anyone has done it yet on 9psi.

I think thats fast but, get a boost controller and go as fast as yo want to. Or intill it blows.
Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:06 AM
Chris (sil02cav) wrote:a turbo eco should be good for mid to high 14's, with a good driver.

dude theres n/a ecos getting those times!

the stage 2 will get you into the 12s with slicks and a good driver. Otherwise expect mid 13s?
Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:56 AM
Myles wrote:
Chris (sil02cav) wrote:a turbo eco should be good for mid to high 14's, with a good driver.

dude theres n/a ecos getting those times!

yea, I'm one of them.

a turbo ecotec on 9psi should be into mid 13s. 12-15psi should be low 13s or high 12s.

Quote:

Import Killer
Today 12:38 PM

anyone else with either proof or support to Dante's theory?

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS
Turbo charged '04 5 speed on 9psi

its not a theory, its a fact.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:31 AM
nice vids!!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, September 03, 2006 5:39 PM
thanks

that same car is now on forged rods and pistons with 8.9:1 compression and its going to be pushing 16-18psi this week at the track so hopefully i'll have more better vids soon

Sunday, September 03, 2006 5:45 PM
Send them to me peej?

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:05 PM
so if i had an evo.. and a cavalier kept up with me at the track....

i would be dropping A LOT of money the next day

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:16 PM
Im running 8 psi with my 5 speed eco hahn stage 2 and the best time so far was a 14.24 at 101. That was with low profile tires and full interior and no traction in 1st and second gear. ECOTEC is going to let me borrow his drag radials at the track and see hwo i do at 10 spi this up coming week I think. IM hoping for mid 13's maybe if i get a good 60' time. My trap speeds are good but i have no traction.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:50 PM
Blue Splash wrote:Im running 8 psi with my 5 speed eco hahn stage 2 and the best time so far was a 14.24 at 101. That was with low profile tires and full interior and no traction in 1st and second gear. ECOTEC is going to let me borrow his drag radials at the track and see hwo i do at 10 spi this up coming week I think. IM hoping for mid 13's maybe if i get a good 60' time. My trap speeds are good but i have no traction.

well resist puttin your foot to the floor till you do have traction lol

Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:14 PM
DAMN...I see way too much misinformation. Where to start? I guess from the top works.

It's obvious, by your answer, you have no idea what your talking about, so please do not attempt to answer the question. I have a HUGE boost leak right now. Averaging 3-4PSI off my 20G on a pass I am running 14.20s and 14.30s. That shoots your time GUESS down real fast.

crabgrass wrote:If you read in hahns site. its says in there that a no options cavalier should be into the 12's on the stander boost level of 9psi. I dont think anyone has done it yet on 9psi.
I think thats fast but, get a boost controller and go as fast as yo want to. Or intill it blows.

No where on HRC's site does it says the Cavalier will do 12s on 9PSI. It says they can do 12s. I'm proof.

OK...Now it's my turn to give an accurate answer. I, undoubtedly, have more runs on the HRC Ecotec kit than anyone but the Hahn family themselves, so I should know a little bit. I have to say I am a much better than average driver, so just because of that the times may very between someone like me and a beginner. ANYWAYS.....

These times are based on an average driver and a tire like the BFG Drag Radials....

On the standard 8PSI you should expect times ranging from 14.0-14.3. This is a darn good pick-up of almost a full second over most of the fastest NA Cavs.

On something like 12PSI you should be looking at times ranging from 13.0-13.7 or so.

I, on the other hand, ran 12.53 on 14PSI, on drag radials. So the times can vary greatly based on skill, setup, traction, air conditions, and track conditions.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:22 PM
hey ryne not to shoot you down or anything but it does say that on hahns website

Quote:

In quarter mile testing at 12 PSI boost, our 3000 lb. Cavalier Attitude show car achieved 12.96 seconds @ 104 mph! This test car was fitted with slicks, the Stage II turbosystem, and an MBRP dual exhaust. As stock Cavalier/Sunfire cars are considerably lighter than this show beauty, we see strong potential for 12 second passes from a stock weight car at the standard boost level of 9 PSI.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:14 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:hey ryne not to shoot you down or anything but it does say that on hahns website

Quote:

In quarter mile testing at 12 PSI boost, our 3000 lb. Cavalier Attitude show car achieved 12.96 seconds @ 104 mph! This test car was fitted with slicks, the Stage II turbosystem, and an MBRP dual exhaust. As stock Cavalier/Sunfire cars are considerably lighter than this show beauty, we see strong potential for 12 second passes from a stock weight car at the standard boost level of 9 PSI.

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:47 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:hey ryne not to shoot you down or anything but it does say that on hahns website

Quote:

WOW! I better tell Bill about that. That's a big oopsie! Thanks for pointing that out.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:30 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Quote:

WOW! I better tell Bill about that. That's a big oopsie! Thanks for pointing that out.

dont worry I forgive ya for being a non believer

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:05 AM
Well I know it's NOT possible for a full weight Cav, base model or not, to run 12s on 9PSI. I now weigh less than the basest of base models and I doubt I could get to 12s on only 9PSI.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:06 AM
well hey ryne hit me up on aim.. I wanna talk to you about some turbo stuff and see what u could tell me for maps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:03 AM

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:22 PM
I'm on now until 6PM and then after 10:30PM when I get home from school. Find me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search