crazy wheel hop - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crazy wheel hop
Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:24 PM
does anyone else get insane wheel hop under boost. i get it all the way into 3rd.. i know my 2253518's dont help but it is rediculous.

Re: crazy wheel hop
Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:40 PM
My tires start chirping at the top of first gear on streets. They're fine on tracks though.

If you talking about when you shift, just come off the clutch slower to save your axles.

Wheel hop is baaaaaad.

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:10 AM
It really is your tires, but you can control it, with your right foot. If you allow it to keep wheel hopping it is only a matter of time before you break a axle.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:30 AM
It's FWD...

--------------------------------------------------
'96 Cavalier Good ol' Pushrod 2.2
-24X,000 miles on factory build
-Some oil loss between changes, me thinks it be rings.
Friday, September 01, 2006 6:16 PM
ya i know about the axles. i baby it because i have such bad hop. it sucks bad cant really run it hard and get good times because of it..
Friday, September 01, 2006 7:24 PM
I have noticed that feathering the clutch helps alot. I have a feeling your tires have alot to do with it as well. RK sport sells tubular A arms they claim reduce wheel hop and a sub frame brace they say helps. I do not have either so I can not say how much.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:44 PM
I run the same tire size, and get no wheel hop. stiff mounts, lower your car, good struts... you should be set. I still haven't installed my control arm bushings, but my wheels both spin together, and I have never had hop yet... hmmm

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:47 PM
I'm not under boost, but wheel hop is the same around. I changed all my mounts with urthane versions..only one i don't have is for the trans..i'd have to say i'm very impressed on how much it reduced the hop. You should give it a shot, unless you've already got them
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:09 PM
i havent yet i was looking into them but wasnt sure how good they were.. but i think i gonna give em a try.. thanx for the info
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search