mounting the heat exchanger for s/c eco - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mounting the heat exchanger for s/c eco
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:38 PM
I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to explain or post pics of how they mounted their heat exchanger. Pics would be a great help !

I just received my cobra heat exchanger and I can't wait to install it !

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.

Re: mounting the heat exchanger for s/c eco
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:28 PM
go to redlineforums.com, there is a guy that sells what they are calling bwoody brackets that are designed to fit the cobra exchanger. Looks like it would work on our cars as well. otherwise go to a hardware store and get a strip of aluminum and have it welded to the top like this....

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:38 PM
i feel real stupid for asking, but i am assuming the ring is for a mist of water correct? how well does this work? it loosk good, but it also kinda prevents the echanger from being hidden as well. but in anycase just wondering how much of a differance this will make. any sites i can look at for more information? thanks.

mike

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:40 PM
I wonder if they'll ship to Canada. Something i'll have to look into...

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:12 AM
Z24BaLler wrote:i feel real stupid for asking, but i am assuming the ring is for a mist of water correct? how well does this work? it loosk good, but it also kinda prevents the echanger from being hidden as well. but in anycase just wondering how much of a differance this will make. any sites i can look at for more information? thanks.

mike

actually its for nitrous or co2 , which ever he wants to use

but same fuction as water put alot better since it will drop the temp even more

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:29 AM
were would you purchase one of these? i am quite interested, and was acctually looking at doing somthing like that. but instead of the ring, just run a purge kit that would "purge" onto the heat echanger. the ring looks like it would work alot better.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:32 AM
NOs , NX , and several others sell the kits

they are made for turbo intercoolers , but will work for the heat exchanger also

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:59 AM
What kind of IAT's are you getting phlatcav? or anyone else with that setup? And what kind of IAT's did you have before the ring?
Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:37 AM
thanks guys, the bwoody brackets look really nice so I think I'm gonna go with these. Can't beat a professionally made bracket kit.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:19 PM
tie wraps....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search