what do i need to change when runing 5ps - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do i need to change when runing 5ps
Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:54 PM
ok im about to pick up a 2002 cavy and i have a t3 turbo im wanting to put on it i know all im going to run for now is about 5 psi just to get started off ill go up latter on as i have money to do more mods. my ? is what all do i need to do to the car to safey run 5 pounds of boost on a 2.2 eco stock motor

Re: what do i need to change when runing 5ps
Saturday, August 26, 2006 11:03 PM
gotta have bigger injectors and have them tuned you might be able to get away with stock injectors and push them bein ur runnin low boost but i wouldnt reccomend it. Ur also gonna need some type of fmu to get your injectors programmed to run with the turbo and u should also look into a new fuel pump which is pry the original one in the car and should be replaced cuz u don want to run short on fuel trust me. Do u have ur turbo manifold vacuum tubing and all that good stuff also? theres a lot of stuff u need for runnin boost fill me in more precisely on what u got and i may be able to help. But id focus on ur full system for now.
Saturday, August 26, 2006 11:07 PM
rite now all i have is my turbo lol im new to the turbo stuff i know for oil feed i tap the oil presser swich but were does the dran go

if someone had the time it be nice to have a list of stuff i need to use and buy to get this project done

Sunday, August 27, 2006 5:22 AM
read the faqs at the top of this forum. they will answer all of your questions. there is also a list of parts for a custom turbo kit up there as well

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:07 AM
The stock injectors can support 5 psi. I have seen them support 7 psi. I would not go over 5 with the stock injectors.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:19 AM
but the map sensor can't support past +0psi

Monday, August 28, 2006 5:01 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:but the map sensor can't support past +0psi

MY map see's 7psi daily..... for a year and a bit now..... and I see 11.7 - 12.0 on my wideband...... no knock and no engine light due to map or fuel issues at all.... only for vss low/no voltage (speed limiter) and for cooling fan relay (fan switch)

2001 2200 turbo...

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, August 28, 2006 5:24 PM
both my map sensors see 11psi daily but thats not the point...

your best bet is to read the faqs for right now, and then go from there, they will answer alot of your noobish boost questions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search