BOOOOM another eco DEAD..dead.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BOOOOM another eco DEAD..dead....
Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:45 PM
well after i get my car hptuned and had headaches out the ass i bring it back to PA where i live....When i get at the Pa border my motor starts breaking up in the higher RPM's. So im like alright we tuned the car a lil rich for when i get my boost controller.... so i said screw it and James (tuner) said play around with the bleeder valve to where it wont break upp..... well started to play around and i got a leak in my clutch res. so i bled my clutch and than put new brakes on... woopee.... i take it out after i get everything good to drive and started to play around with the bleeder after 3 pulles i get it to about right ... first gear broke up a littler bit so i stop adjust it 1/4 turn on the bleeder and start to drive.... open it up in first than shift into second and than i hear BOOOOOOM i shoot a huge flame out my exhaust... after that it runs like crap no power at all and check engine light blinks so im like ... i fouled a plug please just let me foul a plug so i get back to my house pull it in the garage take the plugs out and they look fine but i put new plugs in... start it up runnnns like crap! no power at all.... so im here sitting in my room astonished because Saturday i go to Maryland for college so im out my car..... this is great....

but TIME TO REBUILD

ill be doing a compression test tomorrow so ill keep everyone updated!

Re: BOOOOM another eco DEAD..dead....
Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:48 PM
I'm surprised it's running at all, bro...Jesus this SUCKS!!!!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:51 PM
What are you talking about "bleeder valve". Did you turn up the boost because it was breaking up?!? Most likely, your plugs needed to be gapped down. Sorry man but you gotta be smarter than that if thats what you did..

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:53 PM
Sucks to hear man, was a great sleeper. Get her back together and get yourself a daily driver. Tis why I enjoy my granny cruiser, so i can play with the other toy.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:01 PM
sucks to hear what happened... Keep us updated. Hopfully you come to find out it really didn't go BOOM. Also check your coil pack, make sure you didn't burn that up... I have heard of the coil packs going out...

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:28 PM
What exactly does breaking up mean? Well if the motor still starts and you hear no knocks and what not thats a good sign. Compression test will be your best bet to see whether you have any issues with the pistons and or rings. Hope its just ignition issues man. Im planning on building the cav like fully but from what im hearing lately not sure if thats what im gonna do. maybe ill just go buy the r6 i want. Keep us updated.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:36 PM
No i didnt turn my boost up it was set at 6-8 psi from the wastegate... idk we will see what happens...

Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:56 PM
mm... check the compression.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:02 PM
what 'bleeder valve' are you talking about?

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:22 PM
on my begi FMU

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:30 PM
you dont have a wide band do you.

dood boost is delicate good luck with the rebuild.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:35 PM
maybe something stupid like blowing the vaccum line off your map sensor. who knows.

good luck though and keep us updated.

Team GREEN

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:45 PM
nah i have an innovate LM-1 but it really doesnt read to good.. we had so many problems when we tried tuning it that we recalibrated it like twice and still didnt read right...

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:51 PM
Wow, this is not good at all man... I got your voice mail just a short while ago and came on the org and read this. If the car starts and runs and is not knocking or having upper end noise I would really doubt the engine is blown. Let me know the compression test results and I'll give you a call tomorrow to see if I can help you out.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:03 PM
SunfireGTCustom wrote:nah i have an innovate LM-1 but it really doesnt read to good.. we had so many problems when we tried tuning it that we recalibrated it like twice and still didnt read right...

how exactly do you know it wasn't reading right...sounds like it could also be a coupler blowing off also, or ignition

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:59 AM
when u pulled the plugs, what did they look like? black, white, bent?
sorry to hear. keep us updated. im in the process of breakin in the new engine.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Friday, August 25, 2006 5:45 AM
what was your air/ fuel ratio under WOT ?

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:06 AM
a hahn stage 2 car blowing the engine ? wouldn't that be the first ?

good luck with the rebuild

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Friday, August 25, 2006 10:24 AM
actually it would be like the fourth they been dropping like flies

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:26 AM
well I meant a hahn stage 2 eco within hahn's specs... the others were running more boost...

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Friday, August 25, 2006 11:19 AM
What are the compression test results?
Inquiring minds want to know !!!

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:20 PM
ouch sorry, guess the ecotec isnt as indestructable as everyone's thinking, ohv ftw
Friday, August 25, 2006 12:42 PM
Right now guys i havnt had time to test the compression im busy packing for college since i leave tomorrow morning for a different state...im kind of glad it happened up here because i wouldnt have a way around down in maryland so if i get time tonight ill do a compression test. But if not i appologize and will try to get the test asap

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:28 PM
off topic but what college are you goin to?

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:32 PM
Cecil County Community College

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search