extra parts or really necessary? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
extra parts or really necessary?
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:05 PM
I was talkin to a guy 2 day about his shop possibly installing my turbo when i finished all the part finding, but he told me that if i didn't change the injectors, fuel pump, get a wideband and a super afc that i shouldn't even be talkin to him. I been reading on the forum that many people are still running stock fuel pumps and injectors. I realize that it may help, but can somebody do a little clarification for me?

Re: extra parts or really necessary?
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:15 PM
almost everyone on this site runs atleast bigger injectors, unless they feel like blowing up there motors the stock ones can't handle boost at all.

SAFC is pointless on our cars, and there is way better ways of doing tuning. MS, HPT.

Friday, June 16, 2006 11:19 PM
you will need bigger injectors, afpr and fmu, and engine management.

and wideband is absolute nessecity.....even if it feels good it could be runnin way lean.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:40 AM
Ok so, he wasnt 100% b-sing me. What size injectors do you recommend that i go 2 as well as some companies or place that i can find the fmu and afpr? Thanx
Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:48 PM
Not to thread jack, but Ryan, dont go about saying that an SAFC is COMPLETELY pointless on our cars. Logically they dont work, but some people have used them here. They arent good for a good tune on boosted cars, considering they go by rpms, but they can get some large injectors to idle, have seen myself firsthand, and SunCavi is using nothing but an FMU/SAFC, and hes in the 11's. Dont get my wrong, horrible way to tune our cars, but, arent COMEPLETLY useless.
Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:09 PM
okay, i guess your right .. and see your point of view. and i guess i worded that wrong
Sorry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search