Jbod Performance/Zero Level Ecotec Cams - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jbod Performance/Zero Level Ecotec Cams
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:25 PM
Are the J-body performance stage 3 cams the same thing as the Zero Level Tri FLow , ive heard they are the same , any truth to this does anyone know, theres quite a price difference between the 2

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Jbod Performance/Zero Level Ecotec Cams
Monday, June 12, 2006 10:32 AM
do you mean Level Zero cam's!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:35 AM
from what i read and looked at they are the same. I myself went with the level zero ones bc of the price

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:18 PM
if it works half as good as they talk it up im on it

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:41 PM
How are these with a stock yune? Throw any codes?

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:56 PM
I don't care what any manufacturer says, no aftermarket cam should be run with a stock tune. Can you get away with it? Sometimes... Should you? No. Spend the money and do it right.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 12, 2006 2:42 PM
well according to their site its supposed to be 19-23hp with no codes that sounds good to me

Monday, June 12, 2006 3:02 PM
Dario has the Jbody perf. stage 3 cams in his car not sure if he has any dyno/ track numbers yet or if he is having any issues with them.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Monday, June 12, 2006 3:36 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:well according to their site its supposed to be 19-23hp with no codes that sounds good to me

when i see a dyno done to a car owned by someone i trust, maybe i'll believe that... until then, i'd need a vid of the dyno that pans right to the computer screen to believe it.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 12, 2006 3:49 PM
anyway I don't believe you can run these cams with a s/c, though i might be wrong...

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Monday, June 12, 2006 4:47 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:well according to their site its supposed to be 19-23hp with no codes that sounds good to me

Matthew... what set of cams do you think I had?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, June 12, 2006 5:13 PM
These arent the same cams you had phil

they are for both na and forced induction

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:16 PM
ummm...

Matthew... I had 3 different sets of cams from LZM... well 2 from LZM and 1 from colt which was a variation of LZM... I had them all buddy

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:45 PM
- Yes they are the same as the JBP stage threes.
- No they don't give 19-23 horsepower. 12-15 maybe on a good day, 10-12 on a regular.
- Very ecu friendly, which also means very drivable (no lope). Personally I love the stage 2's and if you have the means to make the ecu happy I'd go with these anyday. They are still the biggest cam I've seen that you can get off the shelf. The stage 2's are pure N/A cams though and you would be better off with stock cams then them in a FI setup.
- Yes you can run them with a forced induction set up (I have a set in my car) but for the best gains I would degree them differently (I cut the overlap by 6* in my car) or just go with something designed for specifically for boost.
- Actually Phil you never had these. These were developed becasue of the issues with the Stage 2's on some cars.
Monday, June 12, 2006 8:06 PM
LIVID wrote:- Yes they are the same as the JBP stage threes.
- No they don't give 19-23 horsepower. 12-15 maybe on a good day, 10-12 on a regular.
- Very ecu friendly, which also means very drivable (no lope). Personally I love the stage 2's and if you have the means to make the ecu happy I'd go with these anyday. They are still the biggest cam I've seen that you can get off the shelf. The stage 2's are pure N/A cams though and you would be better off with stock cams then them in a FI setup.
- Yes you can run them with a forced induction set up (I have a set in my car) but for the best gains I would degree them differently (I cut the overlap by 6* in my car) or just go with something designed for specifically for boost.
- Actually Phil you never had these. These were developed becasue of the issues with the Stage 2's on some cars.

12-15... HELL NOW.... 10-12... MY ASS!!!!

ecu friendly? - if you call constant codes... hella rich and no timing ecu friendly.. then so be it

No lope? My left nut.... my car sounded like a freakin cammed 383 stroker motor... on both the stage 3's and stage 2's

yes livid... I HAVE had them.. and SOLD them....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:07 PM
well the only others out there are the comp cams turbo or blower grind which ive heard were not even tested at all

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:07 PM
maybe I am mistaken... I had one set of stage 3's a set of stage 2's and then an "updated" set of stage 2's both stage 2's from LZM.....

unless then now ahve 3 sets of stage 2's or a 3rd updated version

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:08 PM
anyone have results on a boosted car with the tri flows?

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:10 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:well the only others out there are the comp cams turbo or blower grind which ive heard were not even tested at all

they were tested on JUST an engine.. not an in car dyno...

rodimus has also pointed out that these "NEW" stage 2 cams came out within the last 4 months.. so the 2 sets of lzm stage 2's I've had and the colt stage 3's (extreme lzm stage 2's) so techincally 3 stage 2 lzm's just one set of really extreme stage 2 or stage 3 colt cam absed off the grinds colt did for lzm...

either way all 3 were junk... but the last set of 'updated" stage 2's I had at least gained me 3 whp and the 16 lb ft of torque I lost from the stage 3's and first stage 2's

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search