M62 on 2.4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 on 2.4
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:57 PM
i've been reading some of the posts, if we all pitched half the price of the custom manifold, would someone design it produce it? then pay the last half once its done? I know I am definitly interested. the other post had like a bazzilion messages so im not reading through all that.

would it be better as aluminum or iron? also it needs to connect to the throttle body right? I wonder if we could convince GM to sell the whole kit except for the M45 and manifold lol.

K BYE!

Re: M62 on 2.4
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:59 PM
i will say that 100% of your ideas wont work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:00 PM
sorry man.....you best bet is to have a custom shop make YOU a manifold

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Friday, June 09, 2006 6:54 AM
Contact a guy over at Quad4forums. His user name is combatphil. I think he may be able to help you. His kit is still being developed but I think he's close. I still haven't decided on the GM s/c or his M62/90 setup.

Labrat
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:51 AM
how hard would it be to adapt the Eco setup for the LD9? maybe something like the flange Chris Fontana came up with for the HO swap?

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:09 AM
well if they can put the M45 on an old HO head, they can do the same to put the M62 on a LD9.

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:17 AM
be easier to just use the s/c from the eco and make a custom manifold for it

the eco intake is rather bulky to fit a 2.4 , cause i had thought about , and came up with a custom intake would be better

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:42 AM
think a modified HO or LO intake would help?

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:15 PM
nope

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:24 PM
the easiest thing is prolly to cut the flange off the M62, have a new flange made up that fits the LD9 and then welded back on the M62. there will be other modding required of course but geting it bolted on is the biggest step. the fact taht the M62 is a 2 piece deal(S/C and manifold) makes it a bit easier to work with rather then having a huge S/C attached directly to it.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:19 PM
the flange from a 2.3 LO or HO would be fine because its not the plastic intake mani. would the two metals weld together? I don't know what kind of metal either are but I have an LO mani with lots of other 2.3 goodies comming this week. (cams, TB, oil pump). thanks for the input.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:01 PM
maybe this isnt really thought of among the 4cyl crowd but muscle car guys have been doing it for like 40+ years... fab up a sheet metal intake! it takes time, but it can be custom done to your combo, you can do it yourself (if you have the knowledge/tools) and can be quite cost effective.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:47 AM
a sheet metal intake isn't what is needed. a flange from a LO or HO isn't what's needed. what's needed is someone to manufacture an intake flange from the similar material that the S/C is made of, cut off the existing M62 intake flange then weld on the new one. then it can atleast be bolted to the block. they make em for building turbo systems so could be made for intake side too.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:37 PM
does anyone know what the metal is composed of? if it is the same? it would be alot easier to not make a flange from scrap.
Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:58 AM
Can you bolt a supercharger directly to the block?

Doesnt it require the runners for something?

Im considering using a sc out of a thunderbird as i can pick it up for a total of $225 with all parts, and fab from there. My idea was to build a sheetmetal intake out of 1/4 aluminum and mount it to the vehicle with 3/8" or 1/2" flange, and steel or aluminum intake tubing.

Im just not sure if the intake will affect performance since the sc creates a boost not a vac type setup.
Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:38 AM
alum intake manifold flanges have been out for many many years for the 2.4, it's what those of use who actually cut & welded a new flange to the HO manifold used rather then the sloppy port jobs or spacer adapters. So its not a matter of finding some to make them, its a matter of calling Mantapart & ordering one...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search