Air FIlter ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air FIlter ?
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:16 AM
Im trying to find and air filter for my turbo setup.....i have very little clearance...i stuffed a t3/t04e garrett turbo with a 57 trim .63 a/r.......im trying to find a filter that has a 2.5-2.75 opening to go on the compressor but the filter portion has to be about 4 inches tall by maybe like 5 in width.....the space im working with is about the size of my fist giving and extra 1 1/2 in every direction......almost thinking like a lawn mower filter of some sort.....

im running into heater core lines and im trying to think of a way to extend the filter in another location but im then running in the trans cable .......im stumped on what i can do now....

has anyone ever seen something like what im talking about and know where i could look for one at least....

Re: Air FIlter ?
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:52 AM
Maybe something like a mushroom filter?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:14 PM
i thought about that but those things are big in person......maybe something along those lines but smaller? maybe........that would be great if they make a smaller one

Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:44 PM
hks makes one 50mm smaller in diameter
link to it
Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:45 PM
i just relized it was an old post (was searching stuff all day and was in the same situation)
Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:57 PM
i had the same problem... i bought a knock off hsk air filter and it fit... 4 bucks...

i later found a much higher quality air filter that was thinner and nicer at pepboys..... 25 bucks

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:32 AM
you can order universal k&n filters in any size/shape you want. just measure what you need, and go to an auto parts store that sells k&n, and have them look in the universal section of their K&N book.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search