All The Small Things - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
All The Small Things
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:00 PM
What are all the little parts you need to install a turbo setup. Im talking about all the little fittings and stuff.

For the oil. On a 2.4L would it be ok to feed the turbo oil from the same area people connect a oil pressure gauge at (next to the cam towers). For the return line, what do you need (i was thinking it would be ok to run it right into the side of the oil pan). For the wastegate and BOV what type of fittings or hoses do you need? I am guessing that you would need new bolts for the turbo manifold. I dont really know what else. Can anyone help.

My main reason for posting this is, im kinda worried about having my car down for an extended period of time. So i would like to have as much as i can before hand, and get a mental picture of what all need to be done.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.

Re: All The Small Things
Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:45 AM
Well, best thing I can tell you to do is to lay the system out and look at what connects to what. Like bolt the turbo to the manifold, lay the charge pipes out and couplers. Connect up the oil feed/return fittings, lay the FMU out, lay the FPR out, etc.

Its the little things that get you, we made a lot of trips to the hardware/auto store looking for misc bolts and screws or fittings. Make sure you have all the fluids, radiator hosing if you are changing any of that, clamps, and even more importantly, tools (a universal joint or two really comes in handy, along with shorty wrenches).

Other things that helped were a sawzall, for making some pipe cuts and cutting my down pipe off, since you may or may not be able to get the bolts off, bench grinder, cheapo welder to tack pipes up...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:00 PM
your gonna need a @!#$ load of brass fittings. I mean alot. (cant rember who told me that)

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:24 AM
Unless your God theres no of knowing every single little piece your gonna need, you could need to go to a hardware store for a fitting, or a zip tie, it just varies, best thing to do is to get in there and start installing, and have another vehicle ready for trips to the hardware store.

As for the oil, the side of the oil pan is where alot of turbo J's are running there oil returns too so I think you will be fine there.

As for bolts, like Shifted said you will prolly make various trips to the hardware store and prolly spend about 50 bux on little things, and also like said, dont forget to get all your fluids and what not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search