Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:17 PM
I have a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport with the 2.2L Ecotec. I bought the Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 turbo kit for it and I can't wait to get it installed. My question is, does anyone know the diameter of the downpipe that comes with the Hahn kit and also what is the best diameter of exhaust that I should use to accompany this turbo kit. The largest catback system I have found was 2.5" from Vibrant. I was planning on having a custom exhaust built for my car and that was going to be 3". However, i heard that 3" exhaust is a waste and will not give me any improvement from the 2.5". Does anyone have any opinions on which diameter I should use and also, should I have a custom exhaust done or just go with the Vibrant? Thanks

Re: Exhaust Size for Turbo Ecotec
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:30 PM
nah it will help

www.customtubesinc.com ask for willy

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:36 PM
The downpipe is 2.25". I have the same kit and I am going with 2.5" mandrel. If you plan serious upgrades for huge boost in the future go 3". For leaving the stage 2 as is 2.5" would most likely suit your needs.

"If you aren't shifting, then you certainly aren't driving!"
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:03 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:nah it will help

www.customtubesinc.com ask for willy

X2

They do some exhaust nice work.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search