any recomendation on 8 psi for injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
any recomendation on 8 psi for injectors
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:12 PM
im rebuilding a ld9 block and I want to run 8 pounds and im using a 12 to1 fmu and wondereing what injectors to use any one?

Re: any recomendation on 8 psi for injectors
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:56 PM
35lb ford brown tops would work well as long as you are running low impedence
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:50 AM
yea about 330s maybe even 370s

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:18 PM
best place to pick these up for a fair price?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:31 PM
A recommendation on injector size cannot be made to you until it is understood how you are controlling them, what your hosepower goal is at 8 psi and how much pressure you'd like to run through them at WOT.

But of course the people who posted above would know that... or... oh wait that's right they just told you what they've "heard".

Rodimus, I respect what you've done with your car but you know you can't give an injector recommendation without the abovementioned information.

Matt. 60 lb injectors would work too. They're just as blind of a recommendation as yours.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:39 PM
not really when you take into consideration that is what i am using and i am running at 8lbs of boost , so dont make assuptions because they always come around to bite you in the A##
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:46 PM
I'm not making any assumptions. Just becuase 8 psi on your car can use brown tops doesn't mean he requires them. Maybe they're too much. Perhaps they're not enough.

You are the one that made assumptions, not me. And just so you know, I was the first one to get brown tops running properly on a J-body... the 2 ppl before me that tried failed due to flooding out at idle and low throttle.

Realize who you're trying to show up before you stand up to make an ass out of somebody.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:51 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:Realize who you're trying to show up before you stand up to make an ass out of somebody.
-Chris-

A truer line has never been spoken.

That being said...when you figure out what size you need shoot me an email. I can get accel and RC Engineering injectors. Although I think Karo can get a better deal on the RCE ones.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 20, 2006 10:58 AM
look chris im not trying to make an ass out of anyone . My original post was only to help him out . i am sorry if what i said may have offended you but i was only tring to help him out with the limited amout of knowledge that he gave us.

Im am not one of those people on here who enjoy starting fights and i wont do that because we all have something in common , we love our turbo j-bodies. i will not turn this forum into a fight arena and im sorry i did not realize that you were one of the first ok
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search