j tuners basic turbo...... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
j tuners basic turbo......
Monday, January 23, 2006 5:08 PM
hey everyone i have a 01 sunfire 2200 4 speed auto ... i was thinking about doin a 2.4 swap but then i cam across this ..

http://www.jtuners.com/product_info.php?pName=22l-2200-turbo-kit&cName=turbo-stage-1&osCsid=dbc00daf1f108da06847cd3566e640d3

according to the web site .. at 4 psi they dynoed it at 180 horespower .. thats perfect for what i want .. some more kick in my car u know .. well that was with an inercooler so i might hit bout 170 or so .. but still that sounds perfect for me .. i wouldn't need any internal mod right ? i have upper and lower motor mounts and a custom cat back already .. what yall think ??what else would i need besides injecter? i'm not gonna buy the inercooler just yet .. what yal think? i don't plan to run no more then 5 psi.

Re: j tuners basic turbo......
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:40 PM
i honestly think thats alot of money for a kit thats only going to push out 4psi. You can buy a nitrous kit for 1/4 of the price and get the same power gain. Now if you want like to push it up to 10 psi then your talking about internal stuff that needs to get done. And then its worth the price.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, January 23, 2006 6:59 PM
well u r right but i mean thats the reason i would be getting it .. i can always upgrade fpr more power .. but i do see where ur coming from and it does sound stupidto buy a 2500 dollar kit just to get an extra 65 horespower...
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:20 PM
actually you get 90hp. the 2200 dyno's in at 90 whp stock. the j-tuners put down 180whp

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:28 PM
you can run more than 4 psi on their base kit. however, i recommend intercooling and higher boost. the internal wastegate should be adjustable for higher boost, perhaps around 6 psi.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:42 PM
eh boost is all the time id take it over nitrous any day. Actually both would be nice Maybe one of these days ill build my motor out of titanium and run that 1000shot i got laying in the garage?! hmmm....

4psi is weak but if thats what they put down at 4psi thats not bad at all. I drove a 2200 5spd stock it was a dog compared to the 2.4 and the ecotec. I was like waiting for the climax of speed and all i got was a reach around.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search