Need some help on SUBS - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some help on SUBS
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:38 AM
Alright well Im about to buy some new subs And im looking for some subs that are just gonna beat hard as hell. I want subs that hit really low. But i dont know what the best subs are for that. Also should i go for 2 12's or 2 10's I have a 2002 Cavy 2Dr. If anyone knows any really good subs for low bass. Let me know .

Thanks,
Brandon

Re: Need some help on SUBS
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:39 AM
Also what type of box should i get to make it sound the best?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:09 PM
12' hit way harder. also a non-ported box will make the a lot louder, only problem with them is that they take up a lot of space. whatever you go with, dont buy from a local shop. find a good site online and you can get news stuff for 1/2 the price

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:14 PM
What type of 12's you guys think have really good low bass
Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:22 PM
first, a ported box will usually take up a bit more space than sealed. and there are 10s that hit harder than a lot of 12s too. It depends on the kinda of low bass you are looking for. Are you listening to a lot of Hip Hop/Rap? JLs are always a good choice.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:31 PM
Ya im looking something that will hit really hard with Hip hop/ rap

I have a 2000 watt amp. So ill be able to send 1000 to each sub. I heard that alot of 10's will sound better then 12's i just cant make up my mind and im trying to get some opinions from you guys.. And for low bass should i get ported or non ported?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:55 PM
If you have the money, spring for Kicker. I don't like the way they look, but there's no denying that they will hit as hard as you want them to. Just put them into the right size box, and power them properly.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:54 PM
a ported sub will usually hit REALLY great, but only in a narrow frequency range. Anything outside the box's tuning, will be less than spectacular. So you have to consider that too. Sealed boxes are smaller, but usually take a bit more power to put out the same volume. BUT ported boxes take more space, and tend to be a bit boomier at certain freqencies.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:45 PM
I'm running a jl 12w3 powered by a jl 250.1 and it pounds plenty hard, especially since I only have one 12.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:57 PM
I'm running 2 ALpine type R 12's sealed with a ALpine V12 1000 watt RMS amp pushing them, it pounds liek crazzy and soudn quality is just awsome... expensive option but a good option

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:01 PM
i have 2 12" Infinity Reference subs, bridged off a 600watt Rockwood amp. Hits plenty hard and i got the subs on ebay for $100 with shipping, and the amp for $40 of ebay too!!

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:44 PM
size of the sub does not determine how "hard" it its...that's a very un-educated statement. if someone tells you that a 12 hit's "harder" then a 10, then you can be sure they have no clue what they are talking about.

since i don't know your budget....it's hard to suggest anything, but...

check out http://www.incriminatoraudio.com lethal injection series.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:35 PM
ill second wysiwyg I.A.'s are pretty killer man. maybe RE SX's would be a good choice for you (depending on your budget and needs). but def not sony, NEVER EVER BUY SONY Car Audio! ever.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search