Where is VSS? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where is VSS?
Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:42 PM
For navigation purposes, is there a VSS wire available near the radio? I assume there might be one at the cluster but I can't find a diagram to verify.

Re: Where is VSS?
Monday, November 29, 2010 10:27 AM
There of course is one at the cluster, it's a purple wire.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:58 AM
I think he's looking for the 4,000 ppm wire. It's green/white... and it's in the radio harness on a 95-99. Not found in the radio harness on the 00-05 model though... (I know someone will ask this next!)

Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:46 PM
unfortunately no, it's not in my radio harness.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:33 PM
Hmm... my bad. My memory's getting bad then. Maybe it's at the cluster? Forget it, I'll look it up.

Wire is number 817, comes from the PCM through to pin J7 on the big C100 connector at the firewall. It's dark green with a white tracer. Goes to pin B3 on the cluster on a Chevy 95-99. (Sunfire is different)

And it splices off... Splice number S221 somewhere in the dash harness.. feeds the cruise control module on pin K, feeds the convenience centre on the right side of the dash on a wire (which I can't read in the schematic... doh! Pin A? Can't make it out...), and last but not least... should feed the radio on pin #16 after going thru the C200 connector (the flat long black on at the driver's kick panel) into the body harness. I know it's there on a 99, because that's how the radio does the Speed Controlled Volume.

See if the wire is there on pin V of the C200 connector... it might be there on the dash side of the harness, but missing on the body harness... if the car didn't have the SCV option for the radio.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:35 PM
It's a 95. I don't think SCV was even available back then..

Friday, December 03, 2010 10:56 PM
Ah, you're right. Didn't come with the SCV until the '96 model year, and only on the up-level cars.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search