Hella Supertone Horns... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hella Supertone Horns...
Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:04 PM
Anybody have a set on their J? I know these are extremely popular with Subies and JDM stuff, but I was curious if anyone on here has tried them. I wish the Cavy had a better grille area so I could put them there, but I think they'd look cool peeking through the gaps next to the fogs in my Z bumper.... what do you guys think?? C&C welcome...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Re: Hella Supertone Horns...
Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:06 PM
Vince has them.
All my subie friends have them.
I was honestly about to buy some and install myself =)

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:14 PM
Dude, they're only like $60. And I'm sure you can find them even cheaper... I really want to do this. haha that or a train horn...

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:15 PM
I've been wanting to do this, just haven't gotten around too it. Do it and let me know how it goes.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:21 PM
have them, LOVE them. ill be like hey you see what i did to my front bowtie? they get all up close and @!#$ and im like HONK, freaks them out. priceless. they were $60 and got them off amazon.com lol

just remember they are very directional. you can hear them next to me but not even close to as loud as out front. wiring diagram sucks my ass but other than that dont regret them at all

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 10:06 PM
Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:33 AM
I've had a set on my car for about 3 years now. LOVE THEM. As Vince said, very directional, from inside the car and the side of the car they sound like a normal horn. When I installed mine I ended up taking the whole front off to try and find a spot. I ended up mounting them on the two radiator support bars I believe.

If I remember correctly safedrives,com or so has them like $60 shipped.

worth the investment =P

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 8:39 AM
It's nice seeing my quote pop up here and there and everywhere.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 11:53 PM
I work for the railroad... if you've been blasted by those horns at close range, you'll understand why it's a stupid f'n idea to put anything that loud on a vehicle. It's just too damn loud... you can seriously hurt someone with those. At least on a locomotive, they're 25 feet off the ground... not right next to you.

I got blasted in the shop once... was deaf for three hours.

Friday, September 04, 2009 1:59 AM
John Lenko wrote:I got blasted in the shop once... was deaf for three hours.

What? (j/k I can understand what you mean)

I always thought of going to the auto parts place or Harbor Freight around here and seeing about one of those "Bad Boy" compact horns.

Yet.... still I can see what most people have in mind.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPLkIJFMl7Q

Oh BTW 98z24ragtop, Hornblasters.com is funny>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFy2Y5vXVQ
Friday, September 04, 2009 8:18 AM
After watching even more HornBlaster videos, I have come to the conclusion that black people are afraid of trains...

Friday, September 04, 2009 8:35 AM
I have a Shocker XL 540 from Hornblasters on my truck. In a city where everyone honks there @!#$ horn for no god damn reason....its a beautiful thing to have.

Some cunt tried to cut me off when i was in my work truck, and then started yelling at me. She ended up with her front window right next to my right front fender. The same spot where my air horn is......It shut her up.

So how loud are these things. Iv seen some videos but on the ones where both horns are hooked up you can hear the stock horn over the Hellas....

Friday, September 04, 2009 8:38 AM
I know alllloot of the WRX and STi guys have them on their cars...i thought about them for my truck when i was looking for a subaru...

Putting them on a J seems legit.

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Friday, September 04, 2009 6:24 PM
Whats so special about these horns?

Monday, September 07, 2009 7:43 AM
IMO these horns SUCK tehy sound like a bicylce horn they are not loud in any way, I just got myself a mac truck horn works WAY better and is very cool

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search