I need a new headunit. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a new headunit.
Friday, August 21, 2009 11:27 AM
I was in love with my old Alpine CDE- 9881. But I dropped it on the faceplate and now it seems to be a goner. I may just buy the same radio again, but I thought I'd ask some opinions.

I liked the Alpine because it was simple, looked nice, and had a built in hi-pass. If I could get something that incorporated those aspects, I'd be way happy. Any ideas?

Re: I need a new headunit.
Friday, August 21, 2009 12:25 PM
i love my alpine ive had two alpine decks so far i have the IVA-D106 flip up din
i love it! good for ipod 2 it was kinda a b***h to get in but most decks with lots of inputs are cuz of all the cords etc.
and if you have any add ons like bluetooth apapters etc. then i would suggest continuing with alpine
my boyfriend also got a new pioneer double din which also good with ipod and the interface is really sleek looking and you can choose you own picture for a custom background
whats ur price range??
Friday, August 21, 2009 3:20 PM
If you like it just buy a new or used one of what you have. But I use Pioneer and I love mine even though its near the bottom of their lineup. The only issue Ive had with it is the RCA grounding issue.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:51 PM
I can get mine again for 130 shipped. So I'll pry do that seeing as I paid like almost three hundred last summer. I was looking at a few pioneers. But I don't plan on amping my sound speakers anytime soon and I'd like to have the hi-pass feature built in. Does your pioneer have that?
Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:57 PM
Did you get your sub in yet? Does it wang?

Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:45 PM
Yessir it does.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:36 AM
Lanman, I owe you a bigggggggg thank you for showing me the lanzar. It's amazing ha. Wang-age galore.

Now I just need to get a new radio, and I can go back to b33tin ThA block downz
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:48 AM
You are very welcome my friend. I know we dont' see eye to eye all the time, and I did make fun of you once I think, but I am glad you like the wangage.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:36 PM
You have so much seniority on me, and knowledge, you're allowed to make fun lol.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:37 PM
Alpine iDA-X303. I don't wanna say goodbye to cds... but this thing looks sweet.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:07 PM
^^^^ the alpine ipod decks are awesome (maybe not the best for quality if u download music cuz downloaded music isn't always the best "cd" quality) but i had the original ida-x001 ipod deck and i loved it...i still have it sitting in the garage (only replaced it cuz i wanted a flip up din)
my favorite thing that i miss about it is the album art display so if you were gonna go with and ipod deck i would go with the ida-404 or the iDA-X305 (because it has the art) but i never had any issues with the one i had and they definitely upgraded and added stuff since then

just my opinion lol

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:10 PM
edit* the unit is actually a ixa-w404 oops (din size)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:44 PM
Theyre cool but the novelty runs out when you have to keep adding stuff to your iPod and resyncing it and the quality of the music will be kinda meh.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:11 PM
lol true true but the ipod is pretty much all i use with my new deck too but i have like 5000 songs so far on my ipod
so i don't see any point in burning a mix cd when i can just plug in my ipod everytime it really depends what u are looking for

Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:21 PM
My iPod just broke so I mean I wouldve been fine with a media unit until something like that would happen. I just used my iPod on any AUX input

Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:17 PM
Nikki, sell me the one in your garage : )
Friday, August 28, 2009 4:11 AM
id so love to run an ipod just to carry all my music in one neat unit, but i dont care for the quality of sound of the ipod. the whole compressed music trend has killed sound quality.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search