first competition with the wall - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first competition with the wall
Monday, April 16, 2007 6:58 PM
well with the wall in and nothing else really done to it yet I had my first stereo comp and won 1st with a 147.2 ...keep in mind thats with my gain on my amp at half the box not fully secured or resined or braced or completely sealed from the trunk only the battery under the hood and only 1 run of 0awg to the trunk, hopefully when I add my second battery and 2 runs of power and two runs ground of 0awg resin and brace the box and wall and add some fibreglass and bondo to seal it all I am hoping to hit a 150 no problem

Im changing the vinyl since I suck at it and it didnt like to be one the face of the wall lol, the bass kept blowing it off

Re: first competition with the wall
Monday, April 16, 2007 7:20 PM
NICE im planning 2 18's this summer

Monday, April 16, 2007 8:30 PM
how much power is that with?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, April 16, 2007 8:39 PM
orion 2500d but im still unsure how to set it, like the intelli Q, do I use it, and if so where do I set it at? where to put the hertz frequency dial at, what switch to use ie. gain master copy, the subs are set to 1ohm on this amp also, oh and out of curiousity what is a dovetail port?

Monday, April 16, 2007 9:10 PM
I don't use the intelli settings on mine, i just leave all that crap off, set it to master and wire it to 1/2 ohm and let it wang.

I'm surprised you didn't score higher then that, you've got close to the same setup as me. was this a legal score, windows up mic on the dash?

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:26 AM
yes it was in a db drag using the new TL

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:06 PM
ok well lots has been done since last updated, the vinyl got ripped off and I added another face to the box for strength and fg resined everything then added more bracing and 45 degree corners in the box, then I put a 3/4" mdf face on the front for the final seal, now I juts need to resin the wall face and paint it then seal it from behind with foam...the last comp I was at I did a 147.7 with just the box and a 1/4" masonite face one run of 0awg and one battery, my hopes are now that the wall is just about done if I add a second battery and get a bigger altenator and run 3 more runs of 0awg I shouldnt have a problem seeing the 150's this year, heres a quick picture of the wall but it is night time so its hard to see more pics and vids are coming..especially the flexing vids

C&C welcome

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:03 PM
How do you like the port on the drivers side??

with my port up top, i seem to get a lot of turbulence with the airflow in the car, kinda sucks

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:01 PM
I like it alot but the only draw back is trying to listen to it daily lol it tends to hurt the ears and give huge headaches since the port is right behind your ear lol

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:44 PM
LOL what'd you do with the back windows? Can you see inside?
Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:20 PM
megatron wrote:I like it alot but the only draw back is trying to listen to it daily lol it tends to hurt the ears and give huge headaches since the port is right behind your ear lol
Well i meant as far as performance and air movement goes.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:25 PM
oh sorry lol...the port works really well on the drivers side I dont notice any cancelation or interferance with the subs pics up tonight hopefully

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search