how do u mod an amp. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how do u mod an amp.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:12 PM
my friend just bought 2 t2s duel 4 ohm, and he would like to rune them at 1 ohm. however, his ma audio amp will only handel 4 bridged. any ideas how to lower it?

Re: how do u mod an amp.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:26 PM
If the amp would only handle 4 Ohms bridged, then feeding it a single Ohm would probably blow it up . as far as i know it's the circuitry that makes the amp 1 Ohm stable.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:40 PM
i told him that he should just go buy a new amp. so he wants to mod this one. if i could get it to be able to run a 2ohm load, that would be good enough.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:00 PM
how are you going to get a 2 ohm load you can only do 1, 4, and 16 (im not sure about the 16 but anyways)

if you can run the subs at 4 ohm why does he want to run it at 1?

also if the amps 4 ohm stable it will blow at 1 ohm even if you mod it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:24 AM
2 ohm would be nice for when one of the subs blows. the person who he bought it from said that he fried it, but the voice coils read 4 ohms each.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:42 AM
If they're dual 4 ohm, run them series parallel and you'll see 4 ohm as the final impedence. Since the amp you speak of is a 2 channel, why not run each sub off of a channel?

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:45 AM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:If they're dual 4 ohm, run them series parallel and you'll see 4 ohm as the final impedence. Since the amp you speak of is a 2 channel, why not run each sub off of a channel?

thats what i was going to say

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 3:54 PM
we tried that. the subs were canceling each other out. he did wire them before i got there. so he might of had them wired up opposite of each other. we took one off and the other worked fine then we did the same thing to the other side. but to the point. all i have to do to mod the amp is to run bigger wire right.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:01 PM
he most likely wired them out of phase. simple fix, reverse the wiring to one of the subs... but again, as asked before, why are you so concerned about running this amp at 1 ohm?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:52 AM
if anything he would like 2ohms so he can run his better sub. thats the only reason. i was just putting out a ohm. but if he did wire them out of phase i'll have to punch him because that was the first thing i asked after we hooked it up.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:41 PM
He probably did wire out of phase. I tried that experiment on my subs and it worked like a charm, in phase the bass kicks ass, switch the wires around on one of the subs (out of phase) and I got a little bit of bass, but it was barly noticeable. All ways check the stupid things first instead of assuming it's correct, that's where the majority of the problem usually is. Otherwise, you will NOT be able to get that amp to be 1 ohm stable no matter what, tell him to send it back and to search around for one that is 1 ohm stable (somewhat hard to find a good one, from what I've seen). Also, make sure that the other wiring on the subs if they are DVC is correct, you might switch things up and end up wiring it for 8 ohms and not even realize it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search