Pioneer Premier or Infinity perfect 12? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pioneer Premier or Infinity perfect 12?
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:45 PM
Im want to get either a Infinity kappa perfect 12 or a Pioneer premier TS-W3002SPL

Which would you get and why? and what type of box should I get to make it sound better.. Thanks

Re: Pioneer Premier or Infinity perfect 12?
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:45 PM
Are you looking for sq or spl? The perfect would be better for sq, the pioneer for spl. May I suggest a Lanzar Optidrive 1232d?

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:55 PM
May you suggest something other than a Lanzar Opti?!

But seriously, Scott, why is it down to those 2 subs?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:24 AM
He heard that both subs bring you fat chicks who eat sausage.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:50 AM
all fat chicks eat sausage. The pio is actually not a bad sub and has the potential to get loud. very loud. perfects are not bad either. i would do the pios.
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:28 AM
I have the infinity perfect 12dvq...it's better than the pioneer by far, and it can pump out spl as well and fit in a much smaller box if you need room. and sound as sweet as any sub I've heard in that size range.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:27 PM
Went With the pioneer and couldnt be happier! My system hit 152db after it was installed.
Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:35 PM
Lets seem some stats on that system...

Honestly, iv used both(still use a 4 year old Kappa)

First of all the Kappa is @!#$ amazing sound wise. I mean it just sounds beautiful. But that thing got loud. Granted I had it in a truck, but its in a sedan now, and for a 10in Sub taking only 300w....it hits..

Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:49 PM
hotbug1776 wrote: I have the infinity perfect 12dvq...it's better than the pioneer by far, and it can pump out spl as well and fit in a much smaller box if you need room. and sound as sweet as any sub I've heard in that size range.

I don't like your matter-of-fact way of saying that YOU are happier with the sub you have than you would be with a sub you haven't had....... this is why people should be careful of who they take advice from, lack of over all experience in comparisons like this, and personal opinions dictate what some people say way too much...

Scott McCoy aka lyin sum-bich wrote:Went With the pioneer and couldnt be happier! My system hit 152db after it was installed.

I want to see the proof, i want to know all of what you are running, and i want to know what mic it was on

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Friday, April 13, 2007 8:14 AM
I wanna hit 152!

Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:40 PM
Well, apparently a single 12 inch mid-to-low end pioneer sub in a prefab box will do it for ya !

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:28 AM
Ahahaha I just realized the OP said that. He may have hit that...if he took two walmart boom sticks and added the scores between the two of them together..

Monday, April 16, 2007 11:37 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote: I have the infinity perfect 12dvq...it's better than the pioneer by far, and it can pump out spl as well and fit in a much smaller box if you need room. and sound as sweet as any sub I've heard in that size range.

I don't like your matter-of-fact way of saying that YOU are happier with the sub you have than you would be with a sub you haven't had....... this is why people should be careful of who they take advice from, lack of over all experience in comparisons like this, and personal opinions dictate what some people say way too much...

Scott McCoy aka lyin sum-bich wrote:Went With the pioneer and couldnt be happier! My system hit 152db after it was installed.

I want to see the proof, i want to know all of what you are running, and i want to know what mic it was on

Maybe you should shut your mouth...since I HAVE owned both, in 12", and the Pioneer never sounded as good as my Infinity. IN FACT, my two (2) 12" pioneers with 450watts RMS each never sounded as good as my one (1) 12" Infinity Perfect 12DVQ on 300 watts RMS.

Read the stats on the subs before you spout off, the Infinity will kick the @!#$ out of the Pioneer any day of the week.

What do you think I was shooting for when I was building my system, Infinity and Pioneer were the top two choices, I went with the stats and reviews of each.

This is why people should not spout off about things they do not know.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 3:46 PM
I am going to say nothing about you saying that in this forum I am "spouting off about something I do not know". Wow....

So you liked the Infinity better than the Pioneer(s). whoopidy doo. And I want to know what you were "shooting for" that Pioneer and Infinity were the top 2 choices..... wow...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:15 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:I am going to say nothing about you saying that in this forum I am "spouting off about something I do not know". Wow....

So you liked the Infinity better than the Pioneer(s). whoopidy doo. And I want to know what you were "shooting for" that Pioneer and Infinity were the top 2 choices..... wow...

Lmao, owned.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:26 AM
Maybe if you knew me you could say what I have and have not experienced, I did not challenge your expertise, I was only defending my opinion based on my experiences. That is what you were spouting off about, knowing me, not the subs.

My criteria for my system were:
5. budget
4. ability to make a complete system with like brand components
3. sound level/quality
2. reviews from professionals and owners
1. take up the smallest space possible.

Having owned the Pioneers before, I placed them at a higher level than I probably should have. My main deciding factor was space, with 3 kids I need space for the stuff they want/need to bring.

anything else...look me up.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:21 PM
hotbug1776 wrote:Maybe if you knew me you could say what I have and have not experienced, I did not challenge your expertise, I was only defending my opinion based on my experiences. That is what you were spouting off about, knowing me, not the subs.

My criteria for my system were:
5. budget
4. ability to make a complete system with like brand components
3. sound level/quality
2. reviews from professionals and owners
1. take up the smallest space possible.

Having owned the Pioneers before, I placed them at a higher level than I probably should have. My main deciding factor was space, with 3 kids I need space for the stuff they want/need to bring.

anything else...look me up.

when certain brands make certain things better than others, and sometimes cheaper than others, why is brand matching always a concern to so many people? I am not ripping at you personaly, i honestly do not understand this brand matching thing...

I personaly, would never run pioneer subs, but they have some high end components, and their decks are bulletproof.
I personaly would never run Soundstream speakers, but they have some good subs if you are into SPL, and they got some damn good amps for good prices.

I just don't get the brand matching thing i guess...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search