DUAL audio ?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DUAL audio ??
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:47 AM
hey guys..i normally dont post stuff like this but audio isnt my strong point...i was looking at this unit for my cav the "Dual XDVD8130"
and while it LOOKS great! anyone know how long their stuff lasts? i havnt really heard of them but from what i gathered when i searched on here not many people like them? anyone actually USED one?
before anyone says it im not looking for the best reciever..since my ears ring most of the time and my engine is loud i cant really hear quality anyway ...BUT.. i would like something that accepts SD cards(which seems hard to find) or would at least play vcd(avi,mpeg etc) that i burn..i have an external screen so a video output is a must but not a built on screen, i would like to avoid the flip out screen type of player....if the dual isnt worth even trying anyone have a better suggestion?? i appreciate all info thanks guys

Re: DUAL audio ??
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:58 AM
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:37 PM
unreliable, cheaply made junk. simply put, how much is the unit? what special features does it have? im sure a half decent reputable brand makes one with the same stuff

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:40 PM
well thats just it..i couldnt find any..maybe my searching just sucks..but i listed what i needed above...video output,sd slot if possible but mostly want it to read burnt vids...any suggestions on a GOOD brand??

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:14 PM
read burnt Cds? almost all of them do now-a-days. video output? there are a few nice ones out there, they start to get pricey. SD... meh... i hate all these HUs with fancy crap like that lol. look into Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, and Kenwood(and in that order imo, a lot will agree).

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:23 PM
sorry..what i meant by burnt cds was players that will read burnt video...like avi mpeg etc VCD i believe its called..ill check out those brands and see what they have..all im really worried about is the player braking mechanically while its in the car

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:25 PM
^ if its dual... it will

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:30 PM
well..i tried the first two on your list and so far nothing..looks like they do alot of crap that i dont care about and nothing that i want...if you want 52 optical outputs and 34 rca inputs with ipod and mp3 player jacks HD radio bluetooth etc...all great if your setting your car up for a total audio monster machine..or someone who wants to play their ps3,while listening to their ipod in hd while talking on the phone ... but all i want is a deck that will play avi files AT LEAST! i like putting music videos on cd and sd so i can watch them in the car..i have no need for FULL LENGTH dvds while im driving nor do i park in my car long enough to watch one
i hope someone has better suggestions than this or it looks like ill be going with dual..at least they offer what i want...i even looked at jvc..and certain recievers had a striking resemblance to jensen! ..isnt that the same thing as dual?????

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:16 PM
im an installer at bestbuy and have installed a lot of these...they aren't that bad if you can get over a couple things.
-not very high quality but its not terrible
-no security feature
-they seem to scratch cd's (could be just me)
-no nav

the picture on em isnt to bad and it is a touch screen. Has AV inputs and outputs, plays most copied cds (yes it plays VCD's and DVD copies) and its not that expensive about $$450 bucks.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:57 PM
you talking about the dual? i think i found something alittle more "safe" even though the dual looks cooler
hows this sound? decent?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160104329911&rd=1&rd=1

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:41 PM
that JVC is quite a nice unit. i have seen and messed with a few and dont mind em for what they are... im more of a skin and bones SQ unit kinda person myself... give me preouts and a cd player and a few crossover features and im golden

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:33 AM
OK..so atleast i got some good feedback on it .. ill try that unit out then..thanks

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:13 AM
id go with jvc way before i went with dual. and your backwards. its not the jvc that looks like jenson, its the jensons that look like jvc. all the cheap companies out there will steal the looks of better brands.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:30 PM
If its the flip face dual walmart has my friends face locked up and wont move took 3.5 weeks.
sony has always been good to me
I would check pawn shops.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:15 PM
hug juggalo wrote:
sony has always been good to me
I would check pawn shops.

So you said 2 things I would never trust in car audio.. pawn shops and Sony.

Sony has been good to you, thats nice. I personaly have seen a few fail fairly fast. they got a real cheap feel to em too. and over all functions and quality inside and out is questionable at best.

as for pawn shops... thats a joke, you dont know what you are getting, how it has been abused, if it was stolen, if it even works... just a shady place to be buying electronics.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:33 PM
sndsgood wrote:believe its made by jenson.....

NOPE, it is it's own company. No Affiliation.

Actually for the price it is a pretty good unit. We have sold quite a few of these and they have not came back defective. I personally would not buy one, but some people who want a DVD player, touchscreen, 3 sets of rcs outputs, rca input, iPod controls etc. It is actually pretty good bargain.

Friday, April 13, 2007 10:20 PM
i had one but it never worked right so i switched to clarion

Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:42 AM
ive never used a dual deck but all the rest of my system is dual. My 4 10" subs are dual my 6.5"s are dual they are only 50 rms and i have them hook up to a 65 x 4 rms amp and never had any problems with them. One of my amps is also dual. Ive never had any problem with them and ive them for about 2 years now.
Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:24 PM
The dual decks i've put in have always broken... I feel bad for the people who buy em as the motorized parts wear out pretty quickly. Especially the ones with 2 faces like the older Pioneer Premiers. Their 7" in-dashes have been pretty good. I have not had one of those come back.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:40 PM
Yeah, I'm referring to the 7" DVD Touchscreen.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:43 AM
We call the dual cd players just how they are named. a dual purpse. cd player at first and then 6 months you will be using it as a paper weight or an anchor. Look at the jvc avx11 that just came out not too long ago. it has a built in 2.7" screen plays all of your formats you want plus it also plays dvds and divx files (which you can play a dvd that has multiple movies recorded on it or has 1000 of songs on it)

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:15 PM
the 7 inch touchscreen is not that bad of a unit for what it is and the price...the regular radios suck they always brake, the subs and amps are ok for a budget system
Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:08 PM
My buddy has the Dual XDVD8130 in his 98 cav his and I was just like all the other people on this site trash talking him about it, being a strong pioneer fan myself, but as much as I hate to admit it its not a bad head-unit at all for the money that it.
Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:38 PM
yeah, we carry the 8181 and 8182 Touchscreens, we carry also the crappy dual CD players, and also the JVC AVX3, and I own the JVC AVX2. So I kinda figured I should post on this thread and confirm my experience is the same as everyone else. Dual = Crappy CD players, Dual DVD = ok, when it works, two of our displays dont close anymore, one doesnt open, and the other doesnt respond to touch anymore, and these are just displays, that we dont show often, the JVCs are both excellent from my use with them, I love the Bluetooth on the new one. . but I like the ease of use of the one I have now.

We also carry Audiovox/Phase Linear UV7I.. thats the company that is affiliated to Jensen. Not Dual

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search