wall progress - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wall progress
Friday, April 06, 2007 3:03 PM

well the box is built and sitting in the car pretty tight for now, I still need to secure it and angle it so its straight then make a front for it but heres an update so far

Re: wall progress
Friday, April 06, 2007 3:18 PM
those are big

Go Premium, it builds character!

Friday, April 06, 2007 3:54 PM
looking good so far, what's the dimensions?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Friday, April 06, 2007 4:29 PM
I think i just wet myself. that looks great so far.
Friday, April 06, 2007 5:23 PM
its 42 wide 30 high 18 deep and the port is 6 wide and 10 long its hitting a little higher then i really want it to cause i like the lower bass but i am loving it so far

Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:56 AM
im not gonna lie to you guys..... it picked my hat up off my head and tossed it..... and it also vibrated a button on my bluetooth ear piece and called my buddys gf and i had no clue it did it

LOUD

15.1@90.34mph
Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:45 PM
Lol, now that is the Sh1t, those are huge, just be careful that you don't go deaf from turning it up too loud, I mean it is kind of right behind you.
Saturday, April 07, 2007 5:35 PM
are you not gonna seal it off
Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:07 PM
With all those big flat panels, you may want to think about picking up some threaded rod and adding more bracing.
My monitor totally sucks. Did you go with a multi-layered front baffle? I can't tell. Stupid fuzzy monitor lol! It looks like it's doubled up, but my monitor is a wee bit buggered.
But yeah, you might want to add some more bracing width-wise and vertically. My 18" CV Stroker broke the first box I ever built for it (first burp no less ). The bigger the panels, the worse the flex, and I actually tore the screws right out of the box; the glue didn't hold.
I learned my lesson very quickly that doubled/tripled up baffles and threaded rod are my friends haha!

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: if you think you're that much better than them because you're "correct" I hope your progeny don't turn out as screwed up as yourself.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:08 PM
no right now its only 1 thickness but yes I am adding a double front and sealing it all off with a faceplate, there are braces inside the box, but once the nice weather comes as long as this box works well, then I will be resining it all and also adding some round corners as well, its just the start and the beginning of my first wall, so hopefully it only gets better....but for now just the way it is, it is really loud hopefully I can get it tested to see what it will do on a TL before I start to modify the box and the inside of the car more

I love the encouragment and advice keep them coming and thanks

Sunday, April 08, 2007 12:10 AM
megatron wrote:
I love the encouragment and advice keep them coming and thanks

hmm encouragement and advice

Encouragement-

i want to have your babies

Advice-

paint it orange

<3

15.1@90.34mph

Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:17 PM
want more pics

Monday, April 09, 2007 12:43 AM
more updates will be up within a day or two I am going to my first comp this saturday, so i need to at least get the wall sealed off from the rear of the car by thursday so i can tune it a bit before the weekend

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search