Best choice for front door replacements - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best choice for front door replacements
Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:10 AM
Hey all. I currently have a nice pair of 4 x 6 Pioneer speakers installed in my 03 cavy. I was wondering if it's really worth putting in 6 1\2's and what pair you would go with. I am looking for zero distortion. I'm currently using an all Pioneer system, excluding my Infinity Kappa amp's and subs. What should I go for?

Re: Best choice for front door replacements
Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:22 PM
if you want zero distortion then amp them and set the gains right, you can get just about any speckers to sound right.

do a search or even look on page 2 or 3 and you find the same post and we listed alot of good brands.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:37 PM
I love pioneer for some reason. I have old school TS-A616's in the front doors. 3 way coax.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:41 PM
BEST choice? 6x9 components. Good luck finding and fitting them though

Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:17 PM
How are 6x9 components better? It all comes down to taste really, but a nice component set up front amped properly would probably be the least difficult to get sounding right. Go down to a shop and take a listen at some different stuff if they allow you to and make your decision based off that.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:31 PM
6x9s tend to fill in mid-bass better than 6.5s
In SQ, a lot of people are lacking mid-bass.

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:08 AM
yeah but in sq midbass from behind you will hurt the sound more then help you. a quality pair of componets should get just as good midbass as the 6x9's do.

id go out and audition some high end componet sets and dont buy the first set you hear. find out all you can about them even how much power the shop is feeding them. two identical sets audtioned if one set is fed more power to it most people will claim that it sounds better so make sure you try and audtion them at the same power.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:57 PM
sndsgood wrote:yeah but in sq midbass from behind you will hurt the sound more then help you. a quality pair of componets should get just as good midbass as the 6x9's do.

id go out and audition some high end componet sets and dont buy the first set you hear. find out all you can about them even how much power the shop is feeding them. two identical sets audtioned if one set is fed more power to it most people will claim that it sounds better so make sure you try and audtion them at the same power.

I meant 6x9s in the door. 6x9 is almost the perfect ellipse, which is mathematically the most efficient shape in the world. All of the energy is transmitted through it's focii, and since it has two it is capable of being louder than 6"s. It takes less power to get good sound.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:56 AM
so... i have a question how would you give mid bass to subwoofers?
say i have deep regular bass and i wanted more mid bass to help fill in the lacking mid bass. what would i set it up on the amp?
and what else would i need as far as equipment?

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, November 19, 2006 9:25 AM
Just Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:so... i have a question how would you give mid bass to subwoofers?
say i have deep regular bass and i wanted more mid bass to help fill in the lacking mid bass. what would i set it up on the amp?
and what else would i need as far as equipment?

I wouldn't recomment it. Low frequencies are omnidirectional, meaning you cant tell where the sound is coming from. If you were to make your subs produce higher frequencies you would start to hear where it's coming from and it would sound baaaaad.

If you need more midbass consider putting 6" component speakers in the doors. They usually fill in midbass quite nicely, just make sure you look around to see what different brands sound like.

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:48 AM
BradSk88 wrote:
sndsgood wrote:yeah but in sq midbass from behind you will hurt the sound more then help you. a quality pair of componets should get just as good midbass as the 6x9's do.

I meant 6x9s in the door. 6x9 is almost the perfect ellipse, which is mathematically the most efficient shape in the world. All of the energy is transmitted through it's focii, and since it has two it is capable of being louder than 6"s. It takes less power to get good sound.

yeah but you have to also figure in the fact that 6.5" componet speakers on the whole will have more r&d time and more quality componets since most 6x9's are meant for a quick easy drop in setup. this isnt always the case but allot of time it is.

2uniq brad has it right. feeding midbass thru your subs isnt going to sound great, its going to muddy up the sound and kill your accuracy. not to mention allot of subs arent even meant to be played that high.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search