Deck turning off?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Deck turning off??
Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:54 PM
Ok I was just driving today and out of nowhere my deck turned off and then turned right back on?? And it did it quite a few times today. I'm not sure if it's a ground or if my system is drawing too much or what? I have i think 3 wires running off of my hotwire right now (amp power wire, fog lights, and a switch for my LEDs inside)And I have a almost brand new battery. So those are the only tihngs I can think of right now. I'm kinda clueless so if anybody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Deck turning off??
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:51 PM
Is it a factory or aftermarket headunit??? Do you still have the factory speakers in the vahicle? If the amp in the radio is overheating it can do that, a blown speaker can cause that prob too, or the radio can be getting ready to go, there is a lot of things that can cause your headunit to turn off. And when you say you have three wires running off your "hotwire" are you talking about your battery, 12V wire behind the headunit, ignition wire, what "hotwire"?

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:32 AM
Would it happen to be a Sony deck?

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, September 18, 2006 12:43 PM
I have a aftermarket pioneer deck that came with the car. Don\'t know many specs on it.

Friday, September 22, 2006 5:17 AM
Ive had a similar problem with my headunit.I have a Alpine cda9856. What i figured the problem was is that when i had the stereo turned up and had the subs hitting hard that if the voltage dropped to low that cd player amp and what not will shut off. Ive only noticed this at idle since at idle the car doesnt charge to well. It freaked me out the first timeit happened and had alpine on the phone within seconds.

If its happening at idle or shortly after you take off from a stoplight i can be sure that your system is discharging the battery quicker than the alternator can charge it back up.
Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:57 PM
Yah its basically your deck isnt getting good enough voltage sinc it cant keep up to the demand..does it happen at any volume, or loud only? phil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search