wiring up some tweeters - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wiring up some tweeters
Sunday, September 17, 2006 7:47 AM
i got ahold of some tweeters w/ crossover. i figure i can just wire these to the speakers in the doors, but i dont think i wanna run the wires through the door...what is the easiest way to wire them up? i got a place to mount em n everything, just need to figure out the best way to wire them.
thanx

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: wiring up some tweeters
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:13 AM
Splicing right into the factory wires should not be a problem. One set of tweeters do not show enough of an impedance load to harm anything even if it is just factory. If you are going to the a-pillars look for the wires going through the door boot in your kick panel. If you are going high at the center of the dash then jump off of the wires striaght out the back of the stereo. Here are the factory colors:

Left front +: Tan wire, pin A8 (to E2 on amplifier)
Left front -: Gray, pin A9 (E3)
Right front +: Light Green, pin B11 (F1)
Right front -: Dark Green, pin B10 (E1)

Strip back the insulation, wrap your tweeter wire around the factory wire, SOLDER, and tape your connection.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Re: wiring up some tweeters
Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:49 PM
well, i thought it would be a little more complicated than that. i was gon put em at the top of my a pillar. i figure that way, i dont really have to cut up or drill anything....but if i can just wire em up in the kickpanel, thats great
thanx man

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search