roof flexing???wtf - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
roof flexing???wtf
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:51 AM
Well i put my amp and sub in just to kinda see what it sounds like not even with large enough wire and the thing is makign my roof flex alot at the point where it meets the windows..front and back but i am findgn the front window is chirping..is there any way to fix this?? phil

Re: roof flexing???wtf
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:11 AM
Yeah, its called sound deadening. Sound deadening prevents the panals from doing that.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:55 AM
yah i figured that much......im goignt o asap..just havent decided to get extreme sound deadenign or the stuff in the group purchase yet..im also going o foam the roof and inner sstructure and urethane the roof beams solid..phil
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:16 PM
Philly D wrote:yah i figured that much......im goignt o asap..just havent decided to get extreme sound deadenign or the stuff in the group purchase yet..im also going o foam the roof and inner sstructure and urethane the roof beams solid..phil

Im curoius how your going to foam the roof when its not strong enough to hold the weight and you have electrical wiring in there.

Save our Environment, Plant a bush back in texas.
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:22 PM

Two layers of fatmat, and it didn't flex with my two kickers when I had them.
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:26 PM
yah thats what im doin,..and then runnign urethane along the roof beams to make sure they are tight and sealed..plus the foam isnt goignt o go into the where the wires are..ie the inner structure of the car..look in the 3rd gen forum they talk alot about it and the guy at our stereo shop says they do it all the time....its all good giuys..thanks for the constructive help..phil
Friday, February 10, 2006 11:24 PM
mclonedogmcwad wrote:

Two layers of fatmat, and it didn't flex with my two kickers when I had them.

Just wondering, why did you deaden the roof support? I know it doesn't hurt, but I was curious as to why. I figured it would be alright to leave undone, seeing as it is not flat sheetmetal. I left mine undone. Less product to have to use is why I didn't to mine.

Mine is solid as a rock, you use to be able to hear the rain hit it. Now that the car is deadened, the rear door jambs move in and out about a 1/4 inch. So once it gets to a point, the pressure has to go somewhere.

My Myspace Page
Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:01 AM
Ok..well here is the issue..i do not want to run a second battery.....do i have to or will a upgraded battery be sufficent?phil
Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:18 AM
Philly D wrote:Ok..well here is the issue..i do not want to run a second battery.....do i have to or will a upgraded battery be sufficent?phil

what does this have to do with your roof flexing?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:19 AM
woops wrong post..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search