1998 Cavalier Z24 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1998 Cavalier Z24
Friday, January 13, 2006 12:38 PM
I have a 1998 Z24 with the stock AM/FM/CD radio. I want to know if the stock radio has an auxillary input? There are 2 buttons on the front of the unit below the clock. One button says AM/FM which allows me to cycle through the AM presets and 2 sets of FM presets. the other button says CD/AUX, but I don't know if I even have the auxillary input or not. any help would be great!

Re: 1998 Cavalier Z24
Friday, January 13, 2006 1:21 PM
My 98 didn't have any RCA inputs on it... it's not a z24 though, and just had a radio stock. All I can say is to pull it out and have a look.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:10 PM
WHAT ARE YOU USING IT FOR?

Play hard, Drive fast, and Be safe...
Friday, January 13, 2006 8:17 PM
i want to know if I can connect an iPod to it instead of using the Monster iPlay wireless FM modulator I have now (too much static)
Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:02 AM
all the stock pre 00 cd player/raidos are the same despite it being a z24 or not. the aux was used for a seprate cd changer or cassete [play i think there is one comapny that made an input device for it that u could hook up an mp3 player to it ill seach tomarrow for u when im not so drunk

Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:23 AM
CD Changer Adaptor

That gives you RCA inputs so you can use anything, if you just want to hook your iPod up, there are adaptors to charge your iPod and play it through the changer input, but theyre more like $150.

-Chris
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:56 AM
yes you can hook up your i-pod. the am/fm tapes w/ aux and am/fm/cd w/ aux can do it.

with the aux, you can run a detached cd player (slave unit) like some of the trucks do. suburbans and stuff use that sometimes. or you can run a cd changer. my boss had one mounted in his glove box of his sunfire years back.

there is a cd changer adapter you can get. i dont think you need that to run the i-pod adapter though. the best thing to do is to read up on the i-pod accesory.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search