xenon blue bulbs - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
xenon blue bulbs
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:30 PM
I just bought some Xenon blues for my car and was wondering since they are brighter will then use up more or alot of battery power since I BARELY know anything about these new brighter halogen lights

Re: xenon blue bulbs
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:58 AM
It all depends on the wattage draw. Of course it's going to if the wattage is higher than stock. What kind of bulbs did you get? how many K are they? what wattage are they? Something you also have to watch out for is the fact of the bulb pulling too much current and burning out the switch and wiring. Personally I have Nokya stage 2 9007 bulbs. they're 80/100Watt and they're great I think. They're blue but they're halogen instead of Xenon.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Re: xenon blue bulbs
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:47 AM
i have the sylvania cool blues in my cav.
model # 9006CB
they are 55W a piece, so 110W total, are a brighter, more white light.

i dont remember exactly but i think stock bulbs are 45 or 50W a piece.

piece was reasonable, only like $14 CDN

my boss was using silverstars for fogs, also by sylvania. same wattage as the cool blues, but he kept blowing a bulb about once a month.
at $30 a bulb, that was becomming expensive. he poped out the silverstar and stuck in a cool blue. light looks the same, you would never be able to tell the difference. looked at the old silverstar and the coolblue close up, bulbs and bases look identical.

at half the price and the same wattage, i think he's going to opt out for the coolblues if another bulb goes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search