CB Radio & Glass Mount Antenna - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CB Radio & Glass Mount Antenna
Monday, January 09, 2006 2:28 PM
My question is, do anyone know exactly what the glass mount antenna's are like for cb radios? pretty good... not worth a God dam? I dont know. I want a cb in my car but I'm terrified if leaving scraches from a magnetic base on the new paint. I heard tint affects them greatly. Any help on this would be great!

Re: CB Radio & Glass Mount Antenna
Monday, January 09, 2006 2:31 PM
little tip, put a paer towel under the magnet...no [paitn damage

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:40 PM
I have a cb with the glass mount antenna; works fine for a barefoot radio, but i wouldn't want to use a radio thats been turned up ot with a linear amp
Monday, January 09, 2006 4:00 PM
I used an adaptor I bought from JC Whitney. Basically, you hook the thing into your car radio antenna. It worked great. Nobody had any idea I had a CB in the car.

This is what I used.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:30 AM
Did you burn up your radio? 'Cause that antenna is nowhere NEAR tuned to work at 27 MHz.

Vehicle powered by the hand of God
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:58 PM
I had one of the "cellular style" through glass mount antennas for my CB. Worked great for about 4 years, until I snapped the mast off. After that, i stopped driving the car as much, so I pulled the CB out anyway.

It was like $20 at WalMart IIRC.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:11 PM
JCSBRO.. if you are talking to me, no I did not burn up my radio. The splitter is like a match box. You tune it for the lowest VSWR. When I used it on my 81 Camaro, the Camaro had a windshield antenna, I also had to use a CB match box to get a very low VSWR. Never did the splitter box burn out my radio.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search