Pioneer DEH-P80MP - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pioneer DEH-P80MP
Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:59 PM
I'm sure this isn't a head unit specific issue....but thats what I'm upgrading to, from a DEH-P3600. The car is my 2003 Cavalier LS SPORT with factory amp.

I was wondering where you guys tuck all of the wires... Even with the 3600 it was tough to get the wires in a position so you could push the unit back into the chassis all the way. The DEH-P80MP has an even larger mass of wires and inline fuses... Do you guys push them up, down, or to the side? I just don't know where I'm going to cram them, because this receiver seems like it's about a half inch longer anyways. I'm not really sure if i can get behind the unit and pull the wires back through that way, so if you have any advice I'm going to install tomorrow, please let me know!

Also, I did search about that pesky factory amp after I put in all of my Alpine speakers and realized the rear had 4 wires per. I went ahead and ran new line to the head unit and completely bypassed that POS. Figured I'd go ahead and put that out there so no one brings it up.

THANKS!

Re: Pioneer DEH-P80MP
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:29 AM
i have that exact head unit...when i did it i took out the climate control thingy...like just took out the two screws that hold it down...pulled it out a bit and pushed my deck back and pulled all them wires and fuses up...it worked pretty good just every time you take the deck out you have to re-do it

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:30 PM
i have a pioneer deh-p660 and there are alot of wires to hide, but i taped alot of them together as tightly as i could and just tucked them down and in as i pushed the unit in slowly and it clipped into the cage fairly easily. i also have that control box in there with the door chime for when i replaced my factory deck. it all fits in there nice.
Monday, January 09, 2006 12:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have the head unit in and I like it a lot better than the DEH-P3600. I haven't had time to mess with all of the settings yet, but so far it sounds 2x better.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:20 PM
I have the 80, I have 3 sets of rca cables. I tucked them to the side, and also down. Wasnt easy, but they did fit.
Good luck with it, that head unit rocks!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:26 AM
did you solder your wires together, or did u crimp them.

soldering provides a better connection, plus you can chop the wires nice and short that way.

i did the same with my pioneer deck, removed the climate control and tucked the wires in behind that.
Friday, January 13, 2006 2:16 PM
Z28350LT1 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have the head unit in and I like it a lot better than the DEH-P3600. I haven't had time to mess with all of the settings yet, but so far it sounds 2x better.

I did solder them, and the job has been finished for a few days.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search