Smaller Car Batteries.... ? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Smaller Car Batteries.... ?
Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:38 PM
Hey all...

Im looking to replace my optima yellow top with something similar- just smaller.. I wanna relocate it to my trunk- and it would be easier to hide if it were a little smaller.

Right now, I have the D34/78 battery.

I know optima put out a smaller version of the yellow top recently, like "honda" sized. This one isn't bad- but I wouldnt mind something smaller..

Im going to be running one 6 channel amp. I also have a HO alternator. I would like it to be a deep cycle battery if possible. The car won't be driven in the winter, but I need it to start reliably.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the "honda" sized yellow top?? I don't care about name brand-just as long as it works.

Thanks!

Re: Smaller Car Batteries.... ?
Friday, January 06, 2006 6:55 AM
i think the honda sized yellow top is your best bet. i dont know of any smaller ones(reliable anyways..)

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:23 AM
im not sure if it could work, but i think there's a half-version of the yellow top thats 6 volts. maybe if you wire these batteries in series (and fit them longways so the overall battery is longer but skinner than a normal battery), it MIGHT work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:46 AM
Ever think about a batcap? They're small, and will put out enough cca to start your car.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lanman31337

Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:48 AM
SomeGuy wrote:i think the honda sized yellow top is your best bet. i dont know of any smaller ones(reliable anyways..)

That's what I'm running, along with Jeremy (skilz10179). His remains in the engine bay while mine has been relocated to the trunk. I love it, and the car does too .

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:30 PM
Right on...

I'll check out the batcap- but the optima is probably the way I'll go... I think I just found a nice monster 5 channel amp...

Saturday, January 07, 2006 2:25 AM
Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:43 AM
RedDevil wrote:The car won't be driven in the winter, but I need it to start reliably.

BTW this whole Michigan winter my car has started just fine.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:46 AM
I'm glad someone seems to know of stinger audio batteries besides me , CHECK OUT STINGER they are awsome.

J~
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:37 AM
the optima is probably your best bet, especially if you want to relocate to the trunk. the "gel cell" design doesnt produce any emissions and wont kill you
Monday, January 16, 2006 1:31 AM
Lots of people make batteries the same as optimas, but much cheaper. Stinger has been making audio batteries for awhile and a few other companies have them, they are small made JUST for audio applications and can be tucked away nicely. check around they all work just as good as each other price is the big concern. that being said i do know of an optima battery getting ripped out of a race car after it hit the wall and rolling down the track 50 to 75 feet and going right back in the car the next weekend and still working .

J~

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:34 AM
I like the Duramax Gold series. They crank at 1000 which is higher then optima. Plus they are only $80. BUT the one I have (1000) is a pretty big battery in size.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search