FM Modulator Relay (for Sat. radio) installation - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FM Modulator Relay (for Sat. radio) installation
Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:54 PM
Hi all,

I need to install a fm modulator relay for my Sirius in my 02 Cav. Am I able to install it in the trunk between the antenna cable and the antenna, or is that all one piece? I'd rather not remove the dash if possible.

This pic makes it look like that's the intended method anyway. The mini jack is long, which makes me think it goes from the trunk.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SIRIUS-FM-Module-Relay-DEI-14110-/sem/rpsm/oid/124111/catOid/-14623/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I know the stock GM radio has a weird mini plug for the antenna cable. Is the antenna end of the cable the standard size?

Thanks for your help!

Re: FM Modulator Relay (for Sat. radio) installati
Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:36 PM
You need two antenna adaptors to use that modulator. One to adapt the antenna cable to standard size to go into that modulator, and one to go back to the factory size to fit in your radio if you're using the stock radio. I wouldn't suggest putting that in the trunk because you'll need to run an 1/8th inch audio cable from your receiver to that unit. Taking the dash apart is gonna be a lot faster than trying to run that wire all the way back to the trunk. That is a good unit though, every person that has had us put on in has been happy about it.

-Chris
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search