Stealth amp install? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stealth amp install?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:14 PM
Hi.

I have two rather big Pioneer amps, a GM-X952 and a GM-5000T. They currently are in a custom amp rack, but I'm simply sick of it, and I want my trunk back. I have a 03 Cavy Coupe.

I was thinking about installing them under the rear deck cardboard piece. I'm not running any rear fill. I also was thinking about maybe putting some fans under the rear deck itself, that would blow air onto the amps through the multiple cutouts.

Any other ideas about where to install them?

Thanks!

Re: Stealth amp install?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:10 PM
if you don't put your seats forwartd, you can mount them to the back of the seats, and build a false wall in front of it in the trunk

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:14 PM
This is where I first had them. However, they are rather big and fit very very snuggly on the seats' back, and I carry skis every once in a while, and need to put the seat down.

Cheers,

G
Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:08 AM
would they fit on the sides of the trunk, and build a wall to hide them?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:08 AM
Spare tire area? Or on the underside of the trunk lid?

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:09 AM
false floor and put them undre it
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:59 AM
I'd go under the rear deck if you have the room for both of them, and definitely run some kind of ventilation through there if they're gonna be completely covered... the false floor, or at least a partial one is another idea.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:53 AM
i have mind on the back seat, but i'm debating putting them in the spare tired well with a false floor over them and some stealth fans. might be what your looking for

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search