AC/Heater lights, Possessed Windshield Wipers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AC/Heater lights, Possessed Windshield Wipers
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I am having two weird electric problems with my 2000 Cavalier z24. I hope someone here can shed some light on the situation.

I have noticed that the entire panel for the Fan, Heat, AC controls has gone completely out. The controls still work fine, they won't light up at night. All 3 went out at the same time. Is there a single bulb for all of these, or did I possibly blow a fuse somewhere? I checked the fuse panel on the left by the dash, but couldn't really find anything that looked like it had to do with the lights.

The other issue I am having is that my windshield wipers seem to have a mind of their own. I was driving home this weekend and had them set to lowest setting. At random times, they would just speed up to the medium setting for about a min and then go back to the slow setting. Also while this was going on, if I turned them to the off position, they would stay on. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: AC/Heater lights, Possessed Windshield Wipers
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:39 PM
There's 2 lights in the HVAC. Sounds more like a blown fuse or your dimmer is turned off.

For the wipers... a short perhaps?

Re: AC/Heater lights, Possessed Windshield Wipers
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:02 PM
Sounds like your wiper switch is shot...

Do you have an aftermarket radio in your car? If so... check the wiring on the gray wire (illumination). If that wire grounds out, it will kill those bulbs until you un-ground (is that a word?) it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search