6x9's, need to make a decision...opinions? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6x9's, need to make a decision...opinions?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:49 AM
Mine are dead, have been dead, so I finally removed them today, and holy hell my car sounds better. Figured, now I have to fill the holes again. I'm not looking for anything fancy, I have the low model Pioneer 4x6's and they make me happy. I just want something that won't die, and that my Clarion deck will happily power.

I've found some Audiobahn 6x9's for cheap, they're the AS96Q. Any reason why I shouldn't get them?

Specs-
Power Handling: 180 watts RMS
Frequency Response: 25Hz - 20kHz
40 oz. Magnet
25mm Neodymium Removable Swivel Tweeter
Sensitivity: 95dB
Chrome Plated Basket
Black Poly Carbon Cone
Butyl Rubber Surround
2 Layer High-temp ASV Voice Coil
4 Ohm Impedance
Polyswitch Tweeter Protection Circuit
Complete With Mounting Hardware
Removable Tweeter for Remote Mounting
Mounting Depth 3 1/2"

Re: 6x9's, need to make a decision...opinions?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:42 AM
I was happy with my infinity 6x9's until the one blew (they were used though). I just recently replaced them with JBL GTO 6x9 2-ways, and they sound great as well.

Personally I'm not a fan of audiobahn, but that's me.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:50 AM
Yeah I was looking at the Alpines, but they're twice as much. Never heard much input on Audiobahn so I thought I'd ask. Almost considering just forking out the money for the Pioneer's to match my 4x6's.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:41 AM
I have all audiobahn speakers and i'm completely happy with them. I haven't used any 6x9's, but both pairs of my 6 1/2's sound just great to me!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:51 AM
Bought the Pioneer's as they were cheap, matched, and available locally. Thanks though!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:37 PM
I cant say much for the 6x9's but i like the subs and the tweeters. My subs hold fairly well considering the fact that i havent blown them yet. the tweeters i think are fairly clear. If the tweeters and the sub are good then the 6x9s should work really well. at least thats what I think. I have heard some kick ass stuff before but that was like a year ago and out here in japan. The part that sucks is that i went to an ATM to get some money to buy them and it took me a while to find an ATM that has english and by the time i got the money i couldnt find the damn store. forgot who made them but they were kick ass. i am gonna go again this weekend to see if i can find something to ship home so i can put them in when i go on leave in a week in a half. lol
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:01 AM
i like pioneer...their rev series stuff sounds good to me...but then again i havent really heard anything else thats good like some quality alpine @!#$ or nothin...but whatever its cheap and good

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:11 AM
6x9s dont matter that much at all really

if u were gonna change anything itd be those 4x6s

but if ur happy who gives a flying &$^#

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:52 AM
i really cant tell the difference most of the time when it comes to 6 x 9's(unamped). as long as its not some company never heard of, it'll probably get the job done. and since your not amping them, you probably wont notice any difference either.

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:52 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
I've found some Audiobahn 6x9's for cheap, they're the AS96Q. Any reason why I shouldn't get them?

I bought these, they will not drop in the stock speaker location in the rear deck, they are too deep and hit the trunk tension rods, and the rear deck has to be cut to allow for the speaker basket. So, a little modification and sacrifices might have to be made, I sold them to one of my friends, so they do sound AWSOME but, be ready to work for it.

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:51 PM
And the 180 watts rms is per pair... which is a shady way to state a power rating.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:32 PM
They are @!#$... I got em, they broke. I fixed them, they blew again. POS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search