dancing gas guage? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dancing gas guage?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:55 AM
Well it seems that my gas guage wants to not read properly when it gets to about 1/4 tank..rads fine for the rest of the tiem but once it hits 1/4 tank it goes all over....any idea if it isthe gauge or the sender? phil

Re: dancing gas guage?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:44 AM
Likely it's the sender. Seems to be a common problem with these cars, either due to age or deposits on the gauge contacts from gasoline additives.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:00 PM
I had the sending unit on mine replaced. When it got down to half way it go full or down to empty.

2002 Sunfire SE, Polo Green, 2.4, 4 Speed Auto,
Sunroof,
Mods: Sony MP3 HU, 6 1/2 kicker speaker in Front Doors, 6 x 8 Pioneer speakers in back,
100 Watt Boozka sub, Remote start and alarm.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:50 PM
Mine is doing the same, did anyone do this themselves, and if not how much did it cost ya??

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:49 PM
My 99 did that, drove me nuts. So I finally traded it in and got my 04

New Picture comming this summer.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:55 PM
Mine did that and come to find I had a faulty pump.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:15 PM
My 99 just started doing that a few weeks ago. Is it hard to fix?

www.dcsp.us
Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:33 AM
2 other things it could be...the weather: the cold used to affect my speedometer and tach on my 97, and also, if you have aftermarket gauges installed, that may affect it also.

2003 LS Sport: Weapon R intake, Ported TB, and Underdrive Pulley...for now...
Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:33 PM
every now and then mine will dance around when there is 3/4 tank. I just asumed gas was moving around in the tank.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:53 PM
mine likes to do it when i'm almost at E. only happened once or twice when i had 1/4 of a tank left.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:27 PM
That happens in my 2001 blazer once I get to 1/4 tank or so, it will read 1/2 tank, then nothing. I just fill it when I get close too 230 miles on the tank

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:07 AM
Ok everybody is having these problems how do you fix it? Mine gets to about 3/4 of a tank and just stops reading at all until I put enough gas in it, then I have to hit the guage pod cover and it moves and works until 3/4 of a tank. Anybody know of any after market 2" guages I can put in a guage pod that will work?

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search