6x9 install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6x9 install
Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:21 AM
I was wondering if putting the 6x9s on top of the carpet on the rear deck is better or having them under it ,is best.

Re: 6x9 install
Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:08 PM
i live in a not so safe neighbor hood..

i'd say under

plus i've never liked the way it looks on top...

thats just mho

Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:09 PM
It all depends on how you want it to look. I had my first set of 6X9's under the carpet. When they went, I put the second set on top of the carpet. It sounded better on top, at least to me they do. Having them on top will be easier to replace them if they go bad. You won't have to remove the back deck again. Down side is that 'sticky finger' people see them and know that you have more than stock stuff in your car and they might try to get it from you. You need to decide on which way you want to go.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Monday, December 26, 2005 6:09 AM
I cut holes, mounted the speakers to the car, and the speakers come through the holes on the carpet. It looks clean, but I have them bolted down, it would take a while for someone to get them out of the car, if they tried

Go Premium, it builds character!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:52 PM
I think that it looks retarded on top of the carpet. I say its worth going thru that hell to put them below rather than put them on top and some jack a$$ walk up and pull a smash and grab.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search